Liverpool FC poaches Nike marketing man
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 22 July 2011 11:03AM
Liverpool Football Club has poached Graham Bartlett, Nike's UK and Ireland sports marketing director, as its new commercial director.
Liverpool made the announcement today (Friday) ahead of the start of the new Premiership season.
Bartlett will take up his role in September and will report to Ian Ayre, Liverpool's managing director.
The move marks one of the football club's most senior appointments since Liverpool was acquired by American businessman John Henry last year.
During his tenure at Nike, Bartlett has been responsible for all of the company’s individual athlete, club and federation sponsorships across all sports.
Bartlett is also qualified solicitor and began his career in legal roles. His other past appointments include head of business affairs at Uefa. He joined Nike in 2005.
His role at Liverpool will involve him been tasked with maximising revenue streams with such areas as digital media, merchandising and ticketing sales.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Insight Executive Stopgap Ã‚£30000 per annum, London
- Usage & Revenue Enhancement Manager Stopgap Ã‚£65000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Senior Designer x 2 Major Players Ã‚£45000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, London
- UI/UX Designer Digital Gurus £30000 - £45000 Per Annum, London