Liverpool FC poaches Nike marketing man
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 22 July 2011 11:03AM
Liverpool Football Club has poached Graham Bartlett, Nike's UK and Ireland sports marketing director, as its new commercial director.
Liverpool made the announcement today (Friday) ahead of the start of the new Premiership season.
Bartlett will take up his role in September and will report to Ian Ayre, Liverpool's managing director.
The move marks one of the football club's most senior appointments since Liverpool was acquired by American businessman John Henry last year.
During his tenure at Nike, Bartlett has been responsible for all of the company’s individual athlete, club and federation sponsorships across all sports.
Bartlett is also qualified solicitor and began his career in legal roles. His other past appointments include head of business affairs at Uefa. He joined Nike in 2005.
His role at Liverpool will involve him been tasked with maximising revenue streams with such areas as digital media, merchandising and ticketing sales.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Designer - World Renowned Branding Agency (London) Twist Recruitment £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + BENEFITS AND BONUS SCHEME, East London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs