More brands to sign up to Start sustainability initiative
P&G, Aviva and Virgin Money are among the latest brands to sign up for Start Day, the sustainability initiative.
The brands that have signed up to the initiative are P&G, EDF, IBM, M&S, Virgin Money, More Th>n, Aviva, B&Q, Birds Eye and Everything Everywhere.
Start Today encourages consumers to take steps towards a more "sustainable lifestyle". The initiative is being steered by a partnership between Start, The Marketing Society and Business in the Community.
The initiative launched in February and has designated 1 November (1/11/11) as One Day.
Each brand involved will connect their individual marketing activities for Start Today with each other by using the strapline "Start something good today" across radio, print, direct marketing and social media.
A range of themes will run throughout the marketing activity, such as encouraging consumers to switch to buying more sustainable food, using sustainable transport, reducing energy and water use, and educating consumers on recycling or sharing products that drain natural resources.
Liz Tinlin, chief marketing officer at Start, said: "This is a unique chance to demonstrate that marketing – often accused of embodying and encouraging the creation of too many products – can be part of the solution, not the problem.
"The power of the campaign lies in the fact that simple, positive messages will reach consumers from different directions across the media – all at the same time.
"Start today is about simple changes we can all make for a win-win situation; time and money saving for the consumer, while reducing demand on the planet's resources.
"Every brand has a different story to tell and a different way to make 'sustainable behaviours' more engaging for their consumers. We want more brands to get in touch and see how they can get involved."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Social Engagement Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London Central
- Media Planning Account Manager Lipton Fleming £30000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Executive - truly exciting multi-solution sell Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, West End
- Agency Group Head - exciting real-time social platform! Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, West End
- HEAD OF PROJECTS - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy