More brands to sign up to Start sustainability initiative
P&G, Aviva and Virgin Money are among the latest brands to sign up for Start Day, the sustainability initiative.
The brands that have signed up to the initiative are P&G, EDF, IBM, M&S, Virgin Money, More Th>n, Aviva, B&Q, Birds Eye and Everything Everywhere.
Start Today encourages consumers to take steps towards a more "sustainable lifestyle". The initiative is being steered by a partnership between Start, The Marketing Society and Business in the Community.
The initiative launched in February and has designated 1 November (1/11/11) as One Day.
Each brand involved will connect their individual marketing activities for Start Today with each other by using the strapline "Start something good today" across radio, print, direct marketing and social media.
A range of themes will run throughout the marketing activity, such as encouraging consumers to switch to buying more sustainable food, using sustainable transport, reducing energy and water use, and educating consumers on recycling or sharing products that drain natural resources.
Liz Tinlin, chief marketing officer at Start, said: "This is a unique chance to demonstrate that marketing – often accused of embodying and encouraging the creation of too many products – can be part of the solution, not the problem.
"The power of the campaign lies in the fact that simple, positive messages will reach consumers from different directions across the media – all at the same time.
"Start today is about simple changes we can all make for a win-win situation; time and money saving for the consumer, while reducing demand on the planet's resources.
"Every brand has a different story to tell and a different way to make 'sustainable behaviours' more engaging for their consumers. We want more brands to get in touch and see how they can get involved."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT MANAGER / £35K + Benefits Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure