Lloyds TSB and Absolute Radio mark Olympic countdown
Lloyds TSB, the official banking and insurance partner of the London 2012 Olympic Games, has signed a deal with Absolute Radio for a one-day on-air promotion to mark the 12-month countdown to the London 2012 Olympic Games.
Absolute Radio presenter Russ Williams will host a special countdown show from the Olympics site in Stratford, east London, with interviews from Mayor Boris Johnson and Seb Coe, the Olympian and chair of the London Organising Committee for the Olympic Games (Locog).
The special broadcast will be promoted on air today (25 July) and tomorrow across the Absolute Radio network, which includes digital stations Absolute Classic Rock and Absolute 80s as well as the core Absolute Radio.
On Wednesday the Olympic torch will be delivered to the Stratford site by 17-year-old Jordan Dalrymple, a London 2012 volleyball hopeful and one of Lloyds TSB's "local heroes".
A special page on the Absolute Radio website will offer editorial endorsement of Lloyds TSB, images, logos, links to Lloyds TSB’s website and an embed of the latest Lloyds TSB TV ad.
Absolute Radio listeners will also have the chance to win pairs of tickets to the Olympic Games through on air competitions, while more tickets will be offered through the Absolute Radio website.
Chris Goldson, commercial director at Absolute Radio, said: "We're thrilled to be part of the 'One Year to Go' Campaign, and it's equally exciting to be able to showcase Lloyds TSB as an official London 2012 partner on our station.
"It's a genuine honour for us to be playing such a high profile role in the day's celebrations at the Olympic site itself."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager or Account Director - Branding & Design Royds Raphael £220-£280 day rate, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Creative Design & Brand Agency Royds Raphael £45k-£50k+neg, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- DIGITAL PROJECT DIRECTOR Royds Raphael £50K-£60K+bonus & benefits / £260++day rate., London
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad