Old Spice shoots 40 online films for hunk duel
The Old Spice hunks Isaiah Mustafa and Fabio have filmed 40 online ads as part of their internet duel promotion.
The online ads, created by Wieden+Kennedy Portland, have been posted on the Old Spice YouTube channel.
One ad features Mustafa talking to Fabio directly through the camera, saying "Hello Fabio. Call me crazy but I have a sneaky suspicion is that you are not actually Fabio.
"In fact I am certain that you are not Fabio as I am certain that is a creepy baby prop but I can't prove your not Fabio officially so therefore I think you may have won".
Another ad introduces a rapping Fabio look-alike, while others feature both Mustafa and Fabio separately answering questions posted on Twitter and Facebook from Beach Body Tony and KevKill, among others.
In the final execution Mustafa apologies to "ladies and handsomely men" for his absence from "planet earth" and for any "anxiety it might have caused".
He says he has been watching from a distance but "not in a creepy way" and "only in public places at appropriate times from afar like a big brother/superhero life figure minus the biological relation who cares about your safety deeply."
Mustafa then challenges Fabio to a duel at noon eastern standard time (5pm GMT).
Viewers have been asked to vote for who they think should win the duel via Twitter and Facebook. The winner has yet to be announced.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account