PepsiCo rejigs UK Walkers marketing function
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 27 July 2011 12:01PM
PepsiCo, the US food and drinks giant, has appointed company veteran Sebastian Micozzi as its new head of marketing for Walkers crisps in the UK, overseeing a 28-strong marketing unit.
Micozzi has worked on a number of PepsiCo brands over the past 13-years and most recently was head of marketing for the Pepsi's bottling group franchise in Spain.
In his role as head of marketing for Walkers crisps, he will be responsible for driving up sales of household brands such as Monster Munch, Quavers, Frazzles and Walkers Sensations.
Recent innovations across the portfolio include a charity tie-up with Comic Relief and the Walkers Flavour Cup.
Celebrities used in its core Walker Crisp advertising include Gary Lineker and Lionel Richie.
Micozzi takes over from Greg Lyons, who is moving to the role of vice-president marketing, PepsiCo drinks Canada.
During his tenure as head of marketing for Walkers crisps, Lyons was credited with overseeing campaigns, including its high-profile 'Do us a Flavour' activity.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- PR Senior Account Manager, Consumer/Trade Drinks Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- PR Co-ordinator Stopgap £21000 per annum, City of London
- Technical Account Manager, top DSP Ultimate Asset £40000 - £45000 per annum + +20%, London
- Retail Account Manager and Senior Account Manager air recruitment Up to £35K dependent on experience, Central London