Appointment to view: the making of Toyota's Get Your Energy Back
By Sarah Rowland, brandrepublic.com, Thursday, 28 July 2011 08:55AM
Now that Toyota has been named the greenest brand in the world, here's a reminder of how the brand created one of its most inventive campaigns for its Auris Hybrid, the car which recycles some of the energy it produces.
The ‘Get Your Energy Back’ campaign ran at the end of last year and aimed to showcase the environmental credentials of the featured model in a visual and interactive way.
Glue Isobar developed the idea and the ad was produced by Glue Isobar's digital film unit, Superglue. Gavin Rothery, the VFX expert behind the special effects on the Bafta award-winning film 'Moon', worked on the project.
The ad was shot in London's Shoreditch with a live audience of passers-by. Projection mapping was used to create the light effects along with 3D animation and 100,000 lumens of light power.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Comms Planning Director Aspire £45000.00 - £48000.00 per annum, London
- Global Account Director Aspire £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum, London
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief
- Phones4u goes into administration