Appointment to view: the making of Toyota's Get Your Energy Back
By Sarah Rowland, brandrepublic.com, Thursday, 28 July 2011 08:55AM
Now that Toyota has been named the greenest brand in the world, here's a reminder of how the brand created one of its most inventive campaigns for its Auris Hybrid, the car which recycles some of the energy it produces.
The ‘Get Your Energy Back’ campaign ran at the end of last year and aimed to showcase the environmental credentials of the featured model in a visual and interactive way.
Glue Isobar developed the idea and the ad was produced by Glue Isobar's digital film unit, Superglue. Gavin Rothery, the VFX expert behind the special effects on the Bafta award-winning film 'Moon', worked on the project.
The ad was shot in London's Shoreditch with a live audience of passers-by. Projection mapping was used to create the light effects along with 3D animation and 100,000 lumens of light power.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Account Manager RSPB £22,000 to £26,000 per annum, Based at RSPB UK Headquarters, Sandy
- Senior Account Director - Integrated David Thatcher Recruitment to £70k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager / Senior Account Manager - Boutique Digital Agency Fill Recruitment to £35k + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Manager Stopgap £30000 - £40000 per annum, South East England
- Senior Marketing Officer Stopgap £34600 - £40834 per annum, London
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Adam & Eve/DDB grabs £100,000 prize from Posterscope