Harrods and Selfridges promote Christmas stores earlier than ever
Department stores Harrods and Selfridges have today started promoting the opening of their Christmas stores, with 150 shopping days left until the big day.
Harrods has released a promotional video, that it hopes will go viral, featuring Father Christmas sneaking through the department store, putting on ice-skates and dancing on the roof.
Entitled 'The fun has finally begun - welcome to Christmas at Harrods', the video forms part of a campaign to promote the opening to Harrods' claimed 150,000 followers on social media.
Having opened on 8 August last year, Selfridges' Christmas store opens also opens for business today in London. The opening marks the first time the department store has opened its festive shop for business as early as July.
Selfridges is backing the opening by selling novelty items including faux polar bear fur hats.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Account Director Brand Recruitment £45000 per annum, Cambridge
- SAM Twist Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Consultant - Award Winning PR Agency - Big Brands, Central London Capstone Hill Search £65,000 , W1G 0PW, London (Greater)
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £100000 per annum + significant benefits , London
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Vizeum retains £14m AB InBev in the UK and adds European markets
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool