Harrods and Selfridges promote Christmas stores earlier than ever
Department stores Harrods and Selfridges have today started promoting the opening of their Christmas stores, with 150 shopping days left until the big day.
Harrods has released a promotional video, that it hopes will go viral, featuring Father Christmas sneaking through the department store, putting on ice-skates and dancing on the roof.
Entitled 'The fun has finally begun - welcome to Christmas at Harrods', the video forms part of a campaign to promote the opening to Harrods' claimed 150,000 followers on social media.
Having opened on 8 August last year, Selfridges' Christmas store opens also opens for business today in London. The opening marks the first time the department store has opened its festive shop for business as early as July.
Selfridges is backing the opening by selling novelty items including faux polar bear fur hats.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Video Sales Account Manager Salt £35 - £45 per annum + Com, City of London
- Senior Planner Buyer Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South West England
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne