Harrods and Selfridges promote Christmas stores earlier than ever
Department stores Harrods and Selfridges have today started promoting the opening of their Christmas stores, with 150 shopping days left until the big day.
Harrods has released a promotional video, that it hopes will go viral, featuring Father Christmas sneaking through the department store, putting on ice-skates and dancing on the roof.
Entitled 'The fun has finally begun - welcome to Christmas at Harrods', the video forms part of a campaign to promote the opening to Harrods' claimed 150,000 followers on social media.
Having opened on 8 August last year, Selfridges' Christmas store opens also opens for business today in London. The opening marks the first time the department store has opened its festive shop for business as early as July.
Selfridges is backing the opening by selling novelty items including faux polar bear fur hats.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Category Manager - Drinks Jarlett de Grouchy Negotiable, Berkshire
- Creative Producer/PM Source £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Integrated Project Manager Source £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Senior Project Manager - Digital Agency Source £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Print Project Manager Purple Consultancy £32000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote