Harrods and Selfridges promote Christmas stores earlier than ever
Department stores Harrods and Selfridges have today started promoting the opening of their Christmas stores, with 150 shopping days left until the big day.
Harrods has released a promotional video, that it hopes will go viral, featuring Father Christmas sneaking through the department store, putting on ice-skates and dancing on the roof.
Entitled 'The fun has finally begun - welcome to Christmas at Harrods', the video forms part of a campaign to promote the opening to Harrods' claimed 150,000 followers on social media.
Having opened on 8 August last year, Selfridges' Christmas store opens also opens for business today in London. The opening marks the first time the department store has opened its festive shop for business as early as July.
Selfridges is backing the opening by selling novelty items including faux polar bear fur hats.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £70,000 + benefits, London
- Planner, Top Direct Marketing/Digital Agency London Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £65,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £70,000, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show