Harrods and Selfridges promote Christmas stores earlier than ever
Department stores Harrods and Selfridges have today started promoting the opening of their Christmas stores, with 150 shopping days left until the big day.
Harrods has released a promotional video, that it hopes will go viral, featuring Father Christmas sneaking through the department store, putting on ice-skates and dancing on the roof.
Entitled 'The fun has finally begun - welcome to Christmas at Harrods', the video forms part of a campaign to promote the opening to Harrods' claimed 150,000 followers on social media.
Having opened on 8 August last year, Selfridges' Christmas store opens also opens for business today in London. The opening marks the first time the department store has opened its festive shop for business as early as July.
Selfridges is backing the opening by selling novelty items including faux polar bear fur hats.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Head of Marketing, Beauty Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £100000 per annum, London
- Client Services/ Head of Commercial/ Business Development Premier Media £45000 - £55000 per annum + up to 20% bonus, London
- Digital Producer - Games Digital Gurus £35000 - £45000 Per Annum, London
- Sales and Marketing Manager Stopgap £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Head of SEO Ultimate Asset £50000 - £65000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- ASA receives 240 complaints about Sainsbury's Christmas ad
- John Lewis Christmas ad gets three times more views than Sainsbury's in first 24 hours
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Watch: Ant and Dec star in Morrisons' festive campaign
- DigitasLBi is on hunt for new media leader as Ling exits
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK