Vauxhall offers football hairdos on Facebook
By Sarah Shearman, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 29 July 2011 04:30PM
Vauxhall is backing its Home Nations football sponsorship with the launch of a new Facebook page, featuring an app that lets users try out the hairstyles of iconic footballers such as Kevin Keegan and Rudi Voller.
Now the car manufacturer aims to drum up nostalgia surrounding the game and is encouraging football fans to share favourite memories of watching and playing the game.
Visitors to the page, created by Skive, can use the Retro Restyle app to try out nostalgic hairstyles on pictures of themselves.
The page also hosts Vauxhall’s Big Pitch competition, which gives football fans the opportunity to win tickets to the England v Holland match on 10 August, as well as the chance to train and play at Wembley or at Windsor Park in Northern Ireland.
Peter Hope, marketing director at Vauxhall, said: "Football is all about fans and we wanted to devise a truly unique engagement.
"As a company, we consistently strive to be innovative and forward-thinking, and using our national stadium pitch games in this way enables us to engage the hearts and minds of the English and Northern Irish fans."
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Senior Loyalty Managers Direct Recruitment €70,000, Germany (DE)
- Creative Artworker Blue Tree Recruits £25,000 - £27,000, Reigate, Surrey
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)