Vodafone appoints former ITV marketer as group brand director
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 29 July 2011 04:29PM
Vodafone has appointed Clare Sheikh, the former ITV senior marketer, as group brand director, replacing David Wheldon.
Sheikh (formerly Salmon) will report to group chief commercial officer Morten Lundal and will be responsible for the group's brand framework, creative strategy and brand identity.
Sheikh is a high-profile figure within the marketing community.
She stepped down from her most recent role as group strategy, marketing and customer director at RSA in May after four years at the insurance giant. Previously, Sheikh held senior strategic and marketing roles with Prudential, Centrica, ITV and British Gas.
Lundal said: "I look forward to working with her to enhance further our strong global brand, making it even more relevant, personal and engaging for our customers."
The last person to hold the role of group brand director at Vodafone was David Wheldon, who left the mobile giant in 2010.
Its marketing operations have subsequently undertaken a restructure, and the role of group brand director has since been vacant.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director - Freelance Role, £300 a day. DRTV / TV ATL role MODA consult £300 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director / Group Account Director - Maternity Cover Integrated Role MODA consult £60k - £65k pro rata salary, Central London - Great Soho Location
- Senior Account Manager / Junior Account Director - Maternity Cover ATL / TV Role MODA consult £42k - £45k pro rata salary, Central London - Great Soho Location