HTC to sponsor films on Channel 4 network
HTC is replacing Sky Broadband as the film sponsor across the Channel 4 network in a seven-figure, six-month deal and a first for the mobile phone brand.
From today HTC will be the headline sponsor of films transmitted during peak time across Channel 4, the digital channels E4 and More4 and early evening films on the dedicated film channel Film4.
The sponsorship was brokered by Newcast, the sponsorship division of Publicis Groupe's media agency ZenithOptimedia, and is designed to drive brand awareness across Channel 4’s network of viewers.
The sponsorship idents will be made by Channel 4’s in-house team 4Creative, and the first ads will look to showcase the work of the "unsung heroes on a buzzing movie set" who use the HTC Sensation phone as part of their work.
James Atkins, head of marketing in the UK and Ireland at HTC, said: "We are delighted to work with Channel 4 on this new initiative. Film is a fantastically inclusive entertainment medium and we’ve discovered that it’s one of the few that holds universal appeal for consumers.
"With this sponsorship, we hope to bring HTC to the attention of Channel 4's audience in a fun and entertaining way – starting with the HTC Sensation, one of our best phones for enjoying films on the go."
A spokeswoman for Channel 4 said as its network offers everything from box office hits to cult classics, HTC's sponsorship will allow the brand to reach a broad swathe of consumers with one strategic campaign.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager (Branding) air recruitment Up to £38K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager and Senior Account Manager air recruitment £32k - £41k dependent on your experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Nissan creates tactical ad 7 mins after royal baby no. 2 announcement
- Advertising tech companies make up fifth of Britain's fastest-growing businesses
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Reebok Classics brand film champions 'Madchester' revival
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4