Sugar's Amscreen buys Digicom
Lord Sugar's Amscreen, the digital out-of-home network owner, has acquired the sales and marketing operation of digital out-of-home sales house Digicom.
Digicom was founded two years ago by former CBS Outdoor international chief executive Tom Goddard. Goddard will now move to the role of deputy chairman of Amscreen and will become a shareholder of the business.
Last week Amscreen announced it was to expand its digital signage to BP-owned petrol forecourts in Europe. Amscreen claims this will extend its European audience to 40 million a week.
As part of the acquisition deal Chris Forrester, currently managing director of sales and marketing at Digicom, will take the role of European managing director of sales and marketing at Amscreen.
Since its launch Amscreen has developed digital signage networks in petrol station forecourts, convenience, travel and health environments and claims to broadcast on more than 3,000 screens to a UK audience of 25 million a week.
Goddard said: "There can be no finer endorsement of one's work than when a valued and respected client invites you to join their business. The consolidation of our interests will provide the back-bone of our planned roll out into Europe."
No cash changed hands as part of the deal and all of Digicom's 15-strong team are now employees of Amscreen.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- PR Account Executive/Senior Account Executive Brand Recruitment £19000 - £25000 per annum, Aylesbury
- Account Executive Major Players £22000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad