Sugar's Amscreen buys Digicom
Lord Sugar's Amscreen, the digital out-of-home network owner, has acquired the sales and marketing operation of digital out-of-home sales house Digicom.
Digicom was founded two years ago by former CBS Outdoor international chief executive Tom Goddard. Goddard will now move to the role of deputy chairman of Amscreen and will become a shareholder of the business.
Last week Amscreen announced it was to expand its digital signage to BP-owned petrol forecourts in Europe. Amscreen claims this will extend its European audience to 40 million a week.
As part of the acquisition deal Chris Forrester, currently managing director of sales and marketing at Digicom, will take the role of European managing director of sales and marketing at Amscreen.
Since its launch Amscreen has developed digital signage networks in petrol station forecourts, convenience, travel and health environments and claims to broadcast on more than 3,000 screens to a UK audience of 25 million a week.
Goddard said: "There can be no finer endorsement of one's work than when a valued and respected client invites you to join their business. The consolidation of our interests will provide the back-bone of our planned roll out into Europe."
No cash changed hands as part of the deal and all of Digicom's 15-strong team are now employees of Amscreen.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Digital Designer 20-35k London - Advertising Tech Company Creative Recruitment £20000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, London
- senior account director > RETAIL > GLOBAL AGENCY collectivo Salary confidential, London
- social media account manager > DRINKS BRAND collectivo to £25-30k + amazing bens, London
- Press Investment Senior Exec Aspire £25000.00 - £34000.00 per annum, London
- Group Marketing Manager - Leading Media Business ADLIB £30000 - £40000 per annum, Bath
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham