Maxus wins SC Johnson global media buying
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 02 August 2011 12:55PM
SC Johnson is moving its £9m UK media buying account from UM to Maxus as part of an estimated $1bn-plus global win for Maxus and Omnicom Media Group.
When SC Johnson moved its global creative business out of Interpublic creative agency DraftFCB last Friday, it also called an end to its global media planning and buying relationship with Interpublic media agencies UM and Initiative.
It has appointed Maxus to handle media buying in all countries, and split planning between WPP and Omnicom along the same brand lines it had split the creative.
Maxus will handle media planning for its fellow WPP shop Ogilvy & Mather, which was awarded the creative for SC Johnson's home fragrance and home cleaning brands, including Pledge and Mr Muscle.
Omicom Media Group will handle media planning for Omnicom shop BBDO, which was awarded pest control and home storage brands, including Raid and Off.
UM has held the UK media account since 2004, when the two Interpublic agencies won a global pitch against incumbent ZenithOptimedia.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- European SBM Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £27,000 p.a., South East England
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £23,000 p.a., South East England
- Head Of Marketing Ball & Hoolahan ££ Competitive Salary ££, London (Greater)
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy