Barclays cuts digital roster for non-consumer to three
Barclays has appointed LBi, Profero and SapientNitro to a new global digital roster for its Wealth, Corporate and Capital divisions after a review process aimed at reducing the number of its agencies.
The three digital agencies will handle projects for Barclays’ non-consumer divisions after a pitch process that saw ten shops compete for a place on the roster. Barclays previously used 26 agencies across the three businesses.
All three agencies have previously worked for Barclays. LBi’s work includes UK activity for the bank’s Wealth and Corporate divisions.
Advertising for Barclays Corporate is handled by Ogilvy & Mather and is thought to be unaffected by the review.
Digital agency arrangements for Barclays’ consumer brands is unaffected by the consolidation. Recent work for Barclays includes Dare’s "Rollercoaster" and "Water-slide" apps for Barclaycard that supported Bartle Bogle Hegarty’s brand advertising.
Last month, Barclays called a review of its £40 million global media planning and buying account, held in the UK by Walker Media. The brief involved all Barclays’ brands, including Barclaycard.
Barclays, which announced 3,000 job cuts this week, is waiting for the results of a review from the Independent Commission on Banking that is looking at whether the retail and investment arms of banks should be separated. Findings are due next month.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Customer Marketing Manager - Drinks Jarlett de Grouchy £50000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits , London
- Account Director Mustard Jobs £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Board Account Director Dynamic New Alliances £75000.00 - £85000.00 per annum + benefits, London