Radio groups report healthy ad revenue rise
Radio ad revenue could be up as much as 9% year on year in the third quarter, with some commercial radio groups claiming stations are completely sold out of ad inventory in August.
Growth has come from national ad campaigns across sectors such as finance, food, retail and telecoms, while sponsorship and promotions have also performed well.
Global Radio, the biggest commercial radio group and the owner of Capital Radio and Heart, claims to be experiencing "record" interest in sponsorship and advertising activity, and many of its stations have sold out of ad inventory for August.
Bauer Media is understood to have seen growth across its portfolio, and the national stations talkSport and Absolute Radio are also believed to have performed well.
The uplift follows a second quarter in which sources suggest adspend rose 5% year on year, and means the sector has bounced back without government spending.
An absence of COI spend contributed to a decline in revenue of around 8% year on year in the first quarter, but government marketers are thought to be considering a return to radio later this year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager Tomorrow Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, West End
- Search Manager Aspire £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Creative Project Manager/Production Manager become £30k-£42k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Pitch Consultants £40000 - £50000 per annum, Manchester
- Campaign Manager,Professional services,London,£50k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: +excellent benefits, London
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44