VCCP wins pitch for Diageo cocktails
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 August 2011 09:00AM
Diageo has appointed VCCP to handle the advertising work for its range of ready-mixed cocktails.
The agency, which has previously worked on Diageo's Tanqueray gin brand, secured the account after a pitch, and will oversee pan-European advertising campaigns to promote bottled cocktails such as Smirnoff Mojito, Smirnoff Cosmopolitan and J&B Manhattan.
Diageo rolled out the 700ml cocktails in 2009 as a way to make its spirit brands more accessible to drinkers.
The drinks are available in selected European markets, and can be bought via supermarkets, off-licences and online in the UK.
Last month, Diageo awarded a brief to Dare to promote its range of pre-mixed 250ml cans. The company is to introduce a £6.5 million campaign later this year to promote the range, which includes flavours such as Pimm's & Lemonade, Gordon's Gin & Schweppes Tonic, and Captain Morgan's Spiced & Cola.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London
- FABULOUS FREELANCERS? Look no further! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel