VCCP wins pitch for Diageo cocktails
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 August 2011 09:00AM
Diageo has appointed VCCP to handle the advertising work for its range of ready-mixed cocktails.
The agency, which has previously worked on Diageo's Tanqueray gin brand, secured the account after a pitch, and will oversee pan-European advertising campaigns to promote bottled cocktails such as Smirnoff Mojito, Smirnoff Cosmopolitan and J&B Manhattan.
Diageo rolled out the 700ml cocktails in 2009 as a way to make its spirit brands more accessible to drinkers.
The drinks are available in selected European markets, and can be bought via supermarkets, off-licences and online in the UK.
Last month, Diageo awarded a brief to Dare to promote its range of pre-mixed 250ml cans. The company is to introduce a £6.5 million campaign later this year to promote the range, which includes flavours such as Pimm's & Lemonade, Gordon's Gin & Schweppes Tonic, and Captain Morgan's Spiced & Cola.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Social Media Manager/Director Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Senior Online Trading/Commercial Manager Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Video Sales Account Manager Salt £35 - £45 per annum + Com, City of London
- Senior Planner Buyer Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne