We Are Social opens German office as part of global and pan-European expansion
By Sara Luker, prweek.com, Friday, 05 August 2011 08:40AM
Global social media agency We Are Social has opened its fifth worldwide office in Munich, Germany.
The social media agency was hailed as ‘one to watch’ in PRWeek’s Top 150 PR Consultancies league table. It posted impressive growth in 2010 with its fee income hitting the £2m mark in the UK. The agency also bagged clients Orange, Tesco and Heinz in that year.
The opening of the German office is part of the agency’s plans to focus more on global and pan-European social media accounts. It already has offices in London, Paris, Milan and Sydney.
The new office will be headed up by new managing director Bastian Scherbeck. He joins from iCrossing in Munich, where he was senior social media manager. He also worked as head of social media at vi knallgrau, a Vienna-based social media agency, and at achtung! Kommunikation, a Hamburg PR firm.
We Are Social global managing director Robin Grant said: ‘The opening of We Are Social Germany rounds out We Are Social’s pan-European offering, now with a presence in all of the major European markets.
‘Bastian is one of Germany’s leading social media practitioners and will give us access to the country’s domestic market.’
Scherbeck’s first priority is to recruit a team of specialists to work with him both on the German aspects of pan-European client work and on growing a base of local German clients.
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Middleweight Designer Dahling Ltd circa £35K + benefits, Central London
- Client Facing Project Manager Twist Recruitment £24000 - £27000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Midweight- senior Digital Project Manager Twist Recruitment £35000 - £55000 per annum + bonus, City of London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k (freelance & perm) Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers