Sky Go and ITV head BR app chart
By Daniel Farey-Jones, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 05 August 2011 11:00AM
It's a television one-two in this week's BR branded app chart with Sky's new live TV service Go claiming the top spot ahead of the ITV Player app.
Sky Go, which has been backed by an ad campaign, gives subscribers to Sky Sports 1 and 2 the ability to watch live and on-demand content on the channels for free.
The popularity of the two apps - ITV Player now having spent five weeks in the top five – provides ammunitiion for those who argue television's power is intact in the digital age.
But social networking is also a powerful draw, with chart regular Facebook now joined by Google+, which has slipped to number five since debuting last week at number three.
And the new wave of deals services are keeping iPhone users interested, with Groupon climbing seven places and O2 Priority Moments spending a third week in the chart.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Digital Editor / Copywriter - C. London - Real Estate Giant Ninesharp £30000 - £40000 per annum + Great Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager Premier Media negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Greater)
- 3D Senior Creative Lead Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £55000 - £65000 per annum, West Midlands