MediaCom launches global sports offering
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 08 August 2011 10:01AM
MediaCom Worldwide has launched a global sports sponsorship division, MediaCom Sport, which will be headed by former IMG Consulting executive Marcus John.
The division will offer strategic advice, rights negotiation, rights activation and measurement.
Stephen Allan, chairman and chief executive of MediaCom, said: "MediaCom has previously focused its sports expertise at a local and regional level, but we realised our clients now require a more global and deeper understanding of the sports arena as their budgets continue to shift towards investments in this area and, with it, a much greater sensitivity to achieve solid returns."
John's remit will be to work with the WPP agency's global account directors to manage the relationship with key sporting bodies and to provide clients with access to opportunities.
He will also work closely with the MediaCom Beyond Advertising team and GroupM's Entertainment and Sports partnership group.
John spent 10 years at IMG, most recently as senior vice-president and managing director of IMG Consulting Asia-Pacific.
He has advised clients including Visa, GE and Hyundai, and was responsible for the first Beijing Olympics deal to exceed the $100m mark.
MediaCom's global clients include Volkswagen, Dell, Shell and Procter & Gamble.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior SEO Account Manager Ultimate Asset £33000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SEO Analyst - Technical Ultimate Asset £24000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- STUDIO MANAGER - DORSET - £30-35K Salt £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits , Dorset
- business lead > CREATIVE YOUTH MARKETING AGENCY > CSR CONTENT/PARTNERSHIPS/EVENTS/DIGITAL/SOCIAL collectivo Up to £65k + company bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director - top branding agency in Manchester Perfect Marketing People To £50k, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- In pictures: Campaign Media Awards 2014
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts