MediaCom launches global sports offering
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 08 August 2011 10:01AM
MediaCom Worldwide has launched a global sports sponsorship division, MediaCom Sport, which will be headed by former IMG Consulting executive Marcus John.
The division will offer strategic advice, rights negotiation, rights activation and measurement.
Stephen Allan, chairman and chief executive of MediaCom, said: "MediaCom has previously focused its sports expertise at a local and regional level, but we realised our clients now require a more global and deeper understanding of the sports arena as their budgets continue to shift towards investments in this area and, with it, a much greater sensitivity to achieve solid returns."
John's remit will be to work with the WPP agency's global account directors to manage the relationship with key sporting bodies and to provide clients with access to opportunities.
He will also work closely with the MediaCom Beyond Advertising team and GroupM's Entertainment and Sports partnership group.
John spent 10 years at IMG, most recently as senior vice-president and managing director of IMG Consulting Asia-Pacific.
He has advised clients including Visa, GE and Hyundai, and was responsible for the first Beijing Olympics deal to exceed the $100m mark.
MediaCom's global clients include Volkswagen, Dell, Shell and Procter & Gamble.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager - top financial services business in Yorkshire Perfect Marketing People To £40k, Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Content Production Intern Haymarket Media Group £12,000, Teddington (City/Town), London (Greater)