MediaCom launches global sports offering
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 08 August 2011 10:01AM
MediaCom Worldwide has launched a global sports sponsorship division, MediaCom Sport, which will be headed by former IMG Consulting executive Marcus John.
The division will offer strategic advice, rights negotiation, rights activation and measurement.
Stephen Allan, chairman and chief executive of MediaCom, said: "MediaCom has previously focused its sports expertise at a local and regional level, but we realised our clients now require a more global and deeper understanding of the sports arena as their budgets continue to shift towards investments in this area and, with it, a much greater sensitivity to achieve solid returns."
John's remit will be to work with the WPP agency's global account directors to manage the relationship with key sporting bodies and to provide clients with access to opportunities.
He will also work closely with the MediaCom Beyond Advertising team and GroupM's Entertainment and Sports partnership group.
John spent 10 years at IMG, most recently as senior vice-president and managing director of IMG Consulting Asia-Pacific.
He has advised clients including Visa, GE and Hyundai, and was responsible for the first Beijing Olympics deal to exceed the $100m mark.
MediaCom's global clients include Volkswagen, Dell, Shell and Procter & Gamble.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR LOOKING FOR MORE CREATIVE FOCUS? Barker Graves Up to £45k + benefits, Central London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £38000 - £43000 per annum, London
- WE NEED AMBITIOUS ACCOUNT EXECUTIVES Barker Graves £26k+ bens, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Group Account Director/Senior Account Director up to £70k+ bens Barker Graves Up to £70k+ benefits, London
- Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection £60 - £68K + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'