Vodafone brings F1 team back to UK
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 15 August 2011 11:57AM
Vodafone is moving its sponsorship unit, which manages its sponsorship of the McLaren Formula 1 team, back to the UK, just three years after it moved to Ireland for tax reasons.
The 15-strong unit moved to Dublin in 2008 after Vodafone established a marketing team in Ireland, citing that it would yield tax efficiencies for the company.
Vodafone will relocate the unit to the UK in September and consequently will pay more tax in its domestic market.
Vodafone has been hit by claims of tax avoidance from protest groups – a claim refuted by the company.
In June, Vodafone agreed to pay £1.25bn in a tax settlement with HM Revenue & Customs over a dispute, dating back to 2000, over tax payable in Vodafone’s Luxembourg subsidiary.
But Vodafone has denied that moving the sponsorship unit back to the UK is a response to the protests. Instead, it said it made it easier operationally for the running of the company.
Vodafone recently appointed high-profile marketer Clare Sheikh of insurance company RSA as brand director, and Russell Braterman, marketing director of Phones RU, to its marketing team.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager/Account Director Reuben Sinclair £40000 - £55000 per hour + Bonus + Excellent Benefits, London
- Head of Digital Design. #BANNERCAMPAIGNS #EMAILDESIGNS Creative Recruitment £50000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- JUNIOR DIGITAL DESIGNER #ESHOTS #WEBDESIGN #SOCIALMEDIA Creative Recruitment £25000 per annum, London