Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R lands £47m Vodafone ad task
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 16 August 2011 11:45AM
Vodafone has appointed Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to handle its £47 million UK advertising account.
The agency won the business following a closed pitch against rival WPP agencies JWT London and Ogilvy & Mather. The AAR assisted in the process.
Telecoms giant Vodafone announced in June that it was parting company with Bartle Bogle Hegarty, its agency since 2006, following a "global supply chain decision" to move the business into a WPP agency.
A team at RKCR/Y&R that includes chairman and executive creative director Mark Roalfe, chief strategy officer Ben Kay and the managing director Rupert Williams will service the account.
Danielle Crook, the director of brand marketing at Vodafone UK, said that the decision to appoint the agency, made by a three-strong Vodafone panel, was "unanimous".
Crook praised the agency for a "combination of great strategic thinking and very good creative."
WPP's Team Vodafone unit handles global strategy for Vodafone. Other agencies on the Vodafone UK roster, including OMD UK, Dare and G2, are unaffected by the appointment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Marcoms Manager Stopgap £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, East Midlands
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad