180 Amsterdam lands pan-Euro Sony PlayStation ad task
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 18 August 2011 08:00AM
Sony Computer Entertainment has appointed 180 Amsterdam to handle key pan-European advertising campaigns for its PlayStation business.
The work was assigned to 180 without a pitch and is expected to run across all media.
180’s appointment is a blow to TBWA\London, which has previously handled the bulk of the pan-European above-the-line advertising for PlayStation. However, the agency said that it has kept its place on the PlayStation roster.
The move comes as the technology giant prepares a push for its new PlayStation Vita handheld games device.
180 joins PlayStation’s roster, which also includes Agency Republic, Adam & Eve, Grand Union and Iris Worldwide. Omnicom’s Drum was added to the roster in June to focus on UK content creation and partnership marketing.
180 Amsterdam declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Agency Group Head - exciting real-time social platform! Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, West End
- HEAD OF PROJECTS - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Ecommerce Content Manager - Travel brand - £40K + bonus Salt £38000 - £42000 per annum, London
- SEO/Social Media Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £23-28k + Benefits, Manchester
- Content Coordinator SAVVY Media Ltd £18-24K, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign