180 Amsterdam lands pan-Euro Sony PlayStation ad task
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 18 August 2011 08:00AM
Sony Computer Entertainment has appointed 180 Amsterdam to handle key pan-European advertising campaigns for its PlayStation business.
The work was assigned to 180 without a pitch and is expected to run across all media.
180’s appointment is a blow to TBWA\London, which has previously handled the bulk of the pan-European above-the-line advertising for PlayStation. However, the agency said that it has kept its place on the PlayStation roster.
The move comes as the technology giant prepares a push for its new PlayStation Vita handheld games device.
180 joins PlayStation’s roster, which also includes Agency Republic, Adam & Eve, Grand Union and Iris Worldwide. Omnicom’s Drum was added to the roster in June to focus on UK content creation and partnership marketing.
180 Amsterdam declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Designer Purple Consultancy £250 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Lead Content Strategy & Planning Manager Three £Competitive + 20% bonus + benefits, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Account Executive VMA Group £20,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £45000 - £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup