BBH China parts ways with LG
By Paul Howell, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 18 August 2011 09:36AM
SHANGHAI: BBH China has officially parted ways with LG Electronics, having handled global campaigns for the Korean multinational since winning a pitch in 2007.
It says that a recent management shake-up at LG has led to a changed relationship that was inconsistent with its original expectations. A spokesman indicated it had moved from a fully retained partnership with the brand to a relationship that required pitches on a project-by-project basis.
Since 2007, BBH China has produced a number of global campaigns for LG, and helped launch several new products from its range.
Arto Hampartsoumian, CEO of BBH China, said there were no hard feelings about the break-up. "We have enjoyed an incredible relationship with LG over the years and produced numerous campaigns that we are very proud of," he said. "We wish them well in the future."
Simon Kang, LG Electronics’ global marketing officer, was also appreciative of BBH's efforts for the brand. "BBH was a very strategic partner for LG over the past three years and we are grateful for their creative input and support," he said. "They were instrumental in helping to grow the LG brand globally, for which we are grateful."
Another LG spokesman said the group understood and appreciated BBH's desire to pursue other retained business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Head of Product Management for Working Age Bupa Competitive + Bonus + Car + Benefits, Salford
- Digital Project manager, Digital Agency, £35K Source £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Producer - Creative Agency's Source £200 - £300 per day, London
- Senior Project Manager - Digital Agency £50K Source £45000 - £53000 per annum, London