BBH China parts ways with LG
By Paul Howell, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 18 August 2011 09:36AM
SHANGHAI: BBH China has officially parted ways with LG Electronics, having handled global campaigns for the Korean multinational since winning a pitch in 2007.
It says that a recent management shake-up at LG has led to a changed relationship that was inconsistent with its original expectations. A spokesman indicated it had moved from a fully retained partnership with the brand to a relationship that required pitches on a project-by-project basis.
Since 2007, BBH China has produced a number of global campaigns for LG, and helped launch several new products from its range.
Arto Hampartsoumian, CEO of BBH China, said there were no hard feelings about the break-up. "We have enjoyed an incredible relationship with LG over the years and produced numerous campaigns that we are very proud of," he said. "We wish them well in the future."
Simon Kang, LG Electronics’ global marketing officer, was also appreciative of BBH's efforts for the brand. "BBH was a very strategic partner for LG over the past three years and we are grateful for their creative input and support," he said. "They were instrumental in helping to grow the LG brand globally, for which we are grateful."
Another LG spokesman said the group understood and appreciated BBH's desire to pursue other retained business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Planner- Charity brands Dynamic New Alliances £55000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Suffolk
- Account Director - RTB Accord Group Limited c. £40,000 per annum, Central London WC1A 1DG
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Super Benefits!, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account