Big Brother secures Domino's Pizza support
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 18 August 2011 11:30AM
Domino's Pizza has signed a major deal with Channel 5 that will allow it to sell a Big Brother-designed pizza and offer an "eviction night" deal.
The eviction night offer will be promoted across Channel 5's network between 5.30pm and 9.30pm on every eviction night during Celebrity Big Brother and the subsequent Big Brother series.
Domino's has secured licensing rights to assets from the Big Brother show and is in discussions with Channel 5 about selling a pizza designed by contestants during a Big Brother task.
The eviction night ad will be produced by Channel 5 Creative Services, which is led by its creative director, Rich Thrift, in conjunction with Domino's ad agency, Big Communications. The offer will also be promoted in the Daily Star.
Celebrity Big Brother launches on Channel 5 this evening (18 August), and is expected to provide an ad revenue boost to Channel 5 of around £15 million between August and October. Spots for tonight's show have sold for around £35,000.
Channel 5 has also negotiated a deal with Lucozade, through MediaCom, to promote the new Lucozade music ad throughout the Northern & Shell portfolio, and to air a modified Big Brother version of the ad at 9.15pm tonight.
Other clients to have signed bespoke deals include Dixons Store Group, Ladbrokes and the community-based website Helppy.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- PR Account Executive/Senior Account Executive Brand Recruitment £19000 - £25000 per annum, Aylesbury
- Account Executive Major Players £22000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad