Big Brother secures Domino's Pizza support
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 18 August 2011 11:30AM
Domino's Pizza has signed a major deal with Channel 5 that will allow it to sell a Big Brother-designed pizza and offer an "eviction night" deal.
The eviction night offer will be promoted across Channel 5's network between 5.30pm and 9.30pm on every eviction night during Celebrity Big Brother and the subsequent Big Brother series.
Domino's has secured licensing rights to assets from the Big Brother show and is in discussions with Channel 5 about selling a pizza designed by contestants during a Big Brother task.
The eviction night ad will be produced by Channel 5 Creative Services, which is led by its creative director, Rich Thrift, in conjunction with Domino's ad agency, Big Communications. The offer will also be promoted in the Daily Star.
Celebrity Big Brother launches on Channel 5 this evening (18 August), and is expected to provide an ad revenue boost to Channel 5 of around £15 million between August and October. Spots for tonight's show have sold for around £35,000.
Channel 5 has also negotiated a deal with Lucozade, through MediaCom, to promote the new Lucozade music ad throughout the Northern & Shell portfolio, and to air a modified Big Brother version of the ad at 9.15pm tonight.
Other clients to have signed bespoke deals include Dixons Store Group, Ladbrokes and the community-based website Helppy.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Data Analyst - Media Agency Lipton Fleming £20000 - £24000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Research Manager Lipton Fleming £35000 - £45000 per annum + Handsome benefits, London
- Junior Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Online Trading Manager - Leading Retailer Salt £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Birmingham
- Online Trading Manager - Leading Retailer Salt £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus + benefits + tax free, Dubai
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy