Bmi hands direct marketing account to Lida
Bmi, the international airline, has appointed Lida to handle its direct marketing activity.
The agency was awarded the account without a pitch and will work with the airline on a project-by-project basis.
Lida is now creating a loyalty programme designed to promote the bmi American Express credit card from MBNA. Targeting frequent flyers, the Diamond Club programme will be sent via direct mail, emails and online banners.
The appointment strengthens bmi’s relationship with the M&C Saatchi Group, which Lida is a part of. The group handles the airline's advertising account.
In the past, bmi has worked with Partners Andrews Aldridge to produce direct mail campaigns for its Diamond Club Service, as well as a number of smaller agencies, on an ad hoc basis.
Juliet Hutchin, head of loyalty at bmi, said: "Lida have proven to be a great fit with bmi. They quickly grasped our key message and have presented simple, effective creative in response. We are looking forward to working with them in future."
Mel Cruickshank, chief executive at Lida, said: "It’s great to be starting to work alongside such a prestigious brand as bmi. We have extensive experience in the travel sector, which we'll be putting into practice on upcoming bmi campaigns."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Qualitative Research Manager - Boutique Agency Elizabeth Norman International £28000 - £45000 per annum, West London
- Digital Marketing Analyst Stopgap £30000 per annum, London
- Account Director/Client Services Director - Channel Marketing Stonor £60,000 to £75,000- dependent on experience, Central London
- Internal Communications Senior Specialist Aquent £40K pa plus, London Central
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push