RadioWorks lends a hand to fire-hit store
Radio advertising specialist RadioWorks has come to the aid of House of Reeves, the owner of the furniture store set ablaze during last week's riots, by creating an ad campaign for the company that tells the public it is still trading.
The main House of Reeves store, which has been run by various generations of the Reeves family over the past 140 years, was burnt down on 8 August.
House of Reeves owns another store across the road, which was not destroyed by the fire, and also sells furniture over the internet. Radio specialist RadioWorks offered to make some ads to encourage people to support the business.
GMG Radio has donated airtime on its Smooth Radio station in London, as has the independent south London and north Surrey station Radio Jackie.
Global Radio has also donated airtime and presenter trails for the ads on its London talk radio station LBC.
Michael Charnley-Heaton, chief executive of RadioWorks, said: "I initially called the House of Reeves to see if they were still trading and to offer any help we could.
"I then invited the owner Trevor Reeves to come in to Maple Street Studios to make some commercials and it all flowed from there … I even bought a sofa-bed from him."
Charnley-Heaton said any other commercial radio station interested in running the ads should contact RadioWorks as he would like the ad to reach as many people as possible.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated / Retail - Excellent agency - to 32k Fill Recruitment £28k - £32k, plus superb benefits and bonus opps, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Direct Marketing [Charity] - Superb London Agency - £28k - £32k Fill Recruitment £28k - £32k, plus benefits., London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director - INTEGRATED / Retail - £60k - £65k plus bonus. Fill Recruitment £60k - £65k plus superb benefits and bonus, London
- Business Director (CRM and Data) Direct Recruitment £75K-£85K, London (Central), London (Greater)