William Hill appoints first head of mobile marketing
William Hill has appointed Fiona Stevenson as its first head of mobile marketing, as it seeks to increase the brand's presence on mobile.
Stevenson joins from EA Mobile, where she was product marketing director. Prior to that, she worked at T-Mobile International as head of MMS marketing.
Stevenson will be responsible for raising consumer awareness about the bookmaker's various mobile products and grow its marketing activity in the channel. She will report directly to Kristof Fahy, group marketing director at William Hill.
Her appointment comes as the brand invests in new technology to improve the mobile service. Last month, it unveiled a new version of its mobile optimised site, which gives users access to more than 500,000 markets every week.
It offers a number of iPhone apps including Shake-a-bet, Match Predictor and Mobile Sportsbook, and The Racing Post. It is also looking to integrate mobile cashless payments.
William Hill, which has more than 2,350 betting shops in the UK, has recorded a 23% growth in revenue coming from online, compared to a 2% growth in retail.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account Manager | Up to 32k Dynamic New Alliances Up to £32K Plus Benefits Package , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Rising Star! Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, North East England / North West England
- Trade Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Brands make the most of Germany's dramatic victory over Brazil
- Imperial War Museum releases film announcing WWI exhibition
- Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win
- Starcom MediaVest Group to move to Turnmills
- Guardian News & Media reduces losses by 27% to £19.4m
- Guardian plotting English language launch in India