British Airways aims to boost 'pride' with relaunch campaign
British Airways is gearing up for a relaunch marketing campaign that will aim to use the heritage of the brand to rekindle pride among staff and consumers.
The airline hopes to win over the public and employees disillusioned with the flag-carrier over its damaging row with the Unite trade union, which grounded flights last year.
The £1.5m campaign, created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, is set to break next month. Central to the drive is a 90-second film addressing 'five decades of BA' and the brand's role in the history of aviation.
Topics include British Overseas Airways Corporation (BOAC), which merged with Imperial Airways in 1971 to create BA, as well as Concorde. Images of BA staff are expected to feature prominently in the campaign.
The ad push follows the roll-out of an internal communications campaign, devised by Wardour, intended to 'inspire pride in the brand' among BA's 32,000 staff.
Its development was initially led by BA's former global marketing head, Kerris Bright, who claimed the fresh strategy would put a 'great brand back on the map'.
She left the airline in April, and BA's marketing is now led by Frank Van Der Post, managing director of brands and customer experience.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Interim Senior Marketing Manager - Campaigns Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £60,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- International Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £55,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Marketing Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £43,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Junior Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £Attractive, London (North), London (Greater)
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Pizza Hut launches Classic Crust with TV campaign
- Fold7 splits with Gocompare.com amid talk of Gio Compario's return
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas
- Ronseal claims to ditch 'does exactly what it says on the tin' strapline