Canon showcases creativity in pan-Euro campaign
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 24 August 2011 08:14AM
Canon is launching a pan-European marketing campaign shot with Canon EOS System technology, to promote its EOS 600D camera.
The multimillion-pound campaign, created by Dentsu London, aims to appeal to all photographers, from beginners to professionals, and introduces the strapline "Your EOS adventure starts here".
Canon is rolling out an accompanying TV ad in the UK on 12 September. It follows a photographer through Cape Town, shooting in different locations and conditions, to showcase the "creative potential" of EOS System technology.
The entire ad was shot with a purpose built camera rig made of 20 Canon EOS 5D Mark II cameras. The creative leads on the campaign were Denstu creative directors Martin Casson and Martin Davey. Production was by Mustard.
Print ads will roll out across Europe at the end of August until September.
PHD has handled the media for the campaign, which is being supported with in-store activity and an online portal that goes live this week, which aims to educate and inspire photographers.
Canon is also planning to launch a pan-European photography competition in September.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Content Editor Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Studio Manager / Front of House - brand & packaging agency Gabriele Skelton £24000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Account Manager : CRM/DM/Digital : Integrated agency : Central London Dylan Circa £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Planner : New, Full Service Creative Agency : London Dylan Circa £60k + benefits, London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive - Global Leading Oil and Gas Company Ninesharp Negotiable, Swindon
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media