General Motors launches $3bn global media review
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 24 August 2011 08:45AM
General Motors, the manufacturer of Vauxhall and Opel cars in Europe, is reviewing its estimated $3 billion global media planning and buying arrangements.
The move places Aegis Media, the incumbent on the estimated £400 million pan-European account, on alert.
Aegis-owned Carat handles the bulk of European business while Starcom MediaVest Group looks after media in the United States, where GM owns the Buick, Cadillac and Chevrolet marques. Aegis has held the European business since 2006 and retained it in early 2010 following a review process.
Interpublic's Universal McCann is responsible for GM’s media planning and buying in Latin America. US reports suggest that India and China are not included in the review.
GM is reported to want to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of its global media. The company is also reported to have said the review will cover all media including print, digital, SEO and social media.
The review does not affect GM’s roster of creative agencies.
General Motors sells 7.5 million cars in over 120 countries worldwide.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood