General Motors launches $3bn global media review
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 24 August 2011 08:45AM
General Motors, the manufacturer of Vauxhall and Opel cars in Europe, is reviewing its estimated $3 billion global media planning and buying arrangements.
The move places Aegis Media, the incumbent on the estimated £400 million pan-European account, on alert.
Aegis-owned Carat handles the bulk of European business while Starcom MediaVest Group looks after media in the United States, where GM owns the Buick, Cadillac and Chevrolet marques. Aegis has held the European business since 2006 and retained it in early 2010 following a review process.
Interpublic's Universal McCann is responsible for GM’s media planning and buying in Latin America. US reports suggest that India and China are not included in the review.
GM is reported to want to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of its global media. The company is also reported to have said the review will cover all media including print, digital, SEO and social media.
The review does not affect GM’s roster of creative agencies.
General Motors sells 7.5 million cars in over 120 countries worldwide.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire