General Motors launches $3bn global media review
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 24 August 2011 08:45AM
General Motors, the manufacturer of Vauxhall and Opel cars in Europe, is reviewing its estimated $3 billion global media planning and buying arrangements.
The move places Aegis Media, the incumbent on the estimated £400 million pan-European account, on alert.
Aegis-owned Carat handles the bulk of European business while Starcom MediaVest Group looks after media in the United States, where GM owns the Buick, Cadillac and Chevrolet marques. Aegis has held the European business since 2006 and retained it in early 2010 following a review process.
Interpublic's Universal McCann is responsible for GM’s media planning and buying in Latin America. US reports suggest that India and China are not included in the review.
GM is reported to want to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of its global media. The company is also reported to have said the review will cover all media including print, digital, SEO and social media.
The review does not affect GM’s roster of creative agencies.
General Motors sells 7.5 million cars in over 120 countries worldwide.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Search / Biddable Exec - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum up to £30,000 + benefits, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum , South East England
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad