Monty the mouse introduces kids' cheese brand Chedds
By Sophie Maden, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 26 August 2011 11:35AM
Chedds, the children's snack version of Cathedral City cheese, is to break its first TV ads on Monday (29 August), introducing mouse character Monty as part of a £3m campaign created by VCCP.
VCCP was appointed to the brand's creative account in February after a pitch against a number of undisclosed agencies.
The campaign will target mums of children aged six to 10 and will introduce the Monty the mouse character.
The spots will air across ITV, Channel 4, Five and Sky, as part of a media plan handled by UM.
Cartoon Network’s online site will also host a three-month digital campaign. The site will feature a treasure hunt-themed ad, as well as a branded gaming microsite.
Kamal Korpal, broadcast account director at UM London, said: "This is the first major launch in kids’ snacking since 1990, so we wanted to make a big splash with the campaign."
The TV ads were directed by Jeff Low and produced by Biscuit Filmworks.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Senior Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment 60000 - 65000, London
- Senior Strategist Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £55,000 to £65,000, London
- Campaign Manager | Contract Salt £300 - £350 per day, City of London