Monty the mouse introduces kids' cheese brand Chedds
By Sophie Maden, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 26 August 2011 11:35AM
Chedds, the children's snack version of Cathedral City cheese, is to break its first TV ads on Monday (29 August), introducing mouse character Monty as part of a £3m campaign created by VCCP.
VCCP was appointed to the brand's creative account in February after a pitch against a number of undisclosed agencies.
The campaign will target mums of children aged six to 10 and will introduce the Monty the mouse character.
The spots will air across ITV, Channel 4, Five and Sky, as part of a media plan handled by UM.
Cartoon Network’s online site will also host a three-month digital campaign. The site will feature a treasure hunt-themed ad, as well as a branded gaming microsite.
Kamal Korpal, broadcast account director at UM London, said: "This is the first major launch in kids’ snacking since 1990, so we wanted to make a big splash with the campaign."
The TV ads were directed by Jeff Low and produced by Biscuit Filmworks.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Project Manager - International Ad agency £45-55K Source £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Marketing Lead Digital and Campaigns The Mike Burton Group Limited Up to £28,000, dependent on experience, Gloucestershire
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up