Monty the mouse introduces kids' cheese brand Chedds
By Sophie Maden, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 26 August 2011 11:35AM
Chedds, the children's snack version of Cathedral City cheese, is to break its first TV ads on Monday (29 August), introducing mouse character Monty as part of a £3m campaign created by VCCP.
VCCP was appointed to the brand's creative account in February after a pitch against a number of undisclosed agencies.
The campaign will target mums of children aged six to 10 and will introduce the Monty the mouse character.
The spots will air across ITV, Channel 4, Five and Sky, as part of a media plan handled by UM.
Cartoon Network’s online site will also host a three-month digital campaign. The site will feature a treasure hunt-themed ad, as well as a branded gaming microsite.
Kamal Korpal, broadcast account director at UM London, said: "This is the first major launch in kids’ snacking since 1990, so we wanted to make a big splash with the campaign."
The TV ads were directed by Jeff Low and produced by Biscuit Filmworks.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Business Development Manager - £45-50k - (£80-100k OTE) Salt £45000 - £50000 per annum + (£80-100k OTE) + benefits , Bristol
- Business Development Manager £45-50k basic (£80-100k OTE) Salt £45000 - £50000 per annum + (£80-100k OTE) + benefits , Leeds
- Senior Planner - 4 Days Part Time Dynamic New Alliances £55000.00 - £85000.00 per annum + benefits, London
- Account Director [Car Account] - Advertising Agency Fill Recruitment c£55k+, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)