LG partners with London Fashion Week
By Oliver Luft, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 25 August 2011 11:11AM
LG Electronics has become the official garment care supplier for London Fashion Week.
The partnership will see the Korean home appliance manufacturer provide "expert support" at next month's event, by supplying a dedicated "steam team" to help designers get their clothes ready for the catwalk.
While some might think the world of washing-machine design has little in common with that of cutting-edge fashion, LG claimed that becoming official garment care supplier would help "further establish itself in the premium appliance market and raise awareness of its state-of-the art products".
Dawn Stockell, LG marketing communications manager, said: "We believe that there is a real gap in the market for brands to be making a link between designer clothes and premium appliances to care for them, and that’s why we’ve decided to sponsor London Fashion Week."
The partnership will be supported by PR activity, including backstage footage and a dedicated "garment guide", which the firm hopes will position LG as the "expert in garment care".
LG joins Coutts bank, the London Evening Standard, Toni & Guy, The May Fair Hotel and Mercedes as sponsors of the event.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior PPC Manager Direct Recruitment £27,000 -£33,000, London
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £35,000 - £39,000, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch