LG partners with London Fashion Week
By Oliver Luft, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 25 August 2011 11:11AM
LG Electronics has become the official garment care supplier for London Fashion Week.
The partnership will see the Korean home appliance manufacturer provide "expert support" at next month's event, by supplying a dedicated "steam team" to help designers get their clothes ready for the catwalk.
While some might think the world of washing-machine design has little in common with that of cutting-edge fashion, LG claimed that becoming official garment care supplier would help "further establish itself in the premium appliance market and raise awareness of its state-of-the art products".
Dawn Stockell, LG marketing communications manager, said: "We believe that there is a real gap in the market for brands to be making a link between designer clothes and premium appliances to care for them, and that’s why we’ve decided to sponsor London Fashion Week."
The partnership will be supported by PR activity, including backstage footage and a dedicated "garment guide", which the firm hopes will position LG as the "expert in garment care".
LG joins Coutts bank, the London Evening Standard, Toni & Guy, The May Fair Hotel and Mercedes as sponsors of the event.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager / Account Director - Beauty Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, London
- Planning Account Manager - Major Technology Brand Lipton Fleming £30000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Account Director - Major Technology Brand Lipton Fleming £55000 - £59000 per annum, London
- PR ACCOUNT MANAGER Live Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits, Solihull
- Social and Content Director - Client-side! Ultimate Asset £75000 per annum + benefits, Hammersmith and Fulham
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media