LG partners with London Fashion Week
By Oliver Luft, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 25 August 2011 11:11AM
LG Electronics has become the official garment care supplier for London Fashion Week.
The partnership will see the Korean home appliance manufacturer provide "expert support" at next month's event, by supplying a dedicated "steam team" to help designers get their clothes ready for the catwalk.
While some might think the world of washing-machine design has little in common with that of cutting-edge fashion, LG claimed that becoming official garment care supplier would help "further establish itself in the premium appliance market and raise awareness of its state-of-the art products".
Dawn Stockell, LG marketing communications manager, said: "We believe that there is a real gap in the market for brands to be making a link between designer clothes and premium appliances to care for them, and that’s why we’ve decided to sponsor London Fashion Week."
The partnership will be supported by PR activity, including backstage footage and a dedicated "garment guide", which the firm hopes will position LG as the "expert in garment care".
LG joins Coutts bank, the London Evening Standard, Toni & Guy, The May Fair Hotel and Mercedes as sponsors of the event.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Creative Artworker Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Account Manager/Director, full time (would consider 4 days per week) Wonderberry UK Ltd Dependent on experience, Farringdon
- Online Visual Merchandising Manager Luxury Fashion brand Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer - Fashion - £30k 24 Seven Inc Up to £30k, City of London
- Digital Account Manager (ASAP) Zebra People £30000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Volvo van Damme spot nears 60 million YouTube views