EasyJet to build brand with £50m pan-European campaign
EasyJet, the low-cost airline that has traditionally focused on price-led marketing, is launching a £50m pan-European brand campaign to reposition itself as a carrier that connects people.
The campaign, created by VCCP, breaks on 1 October and features a TV ad supported by print and digital activity. It uses the strapline, "Where are you going?", and will run across easyJet’s key European markets – the UK, France, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, and Germany.
The TV ad will feature images uploaded by easyJet staff, which show special moments from their holidays, to easyjet.com. Consumers will be encouraged to upload their own pictures once the TV ad launches.
Previous marketing activity for the brand has been tactical and price-driven, created in-house and often competing directly with no-frills rival Ryanair, alongside recent brand work created by Publicis London.
Past creative has also addressed consumers directly regarding aviation issues, including its opposition to Air Passenger Duty (APD) in the 'Tax planes not people' campaign.
In October 2010, easyJet and its founder, Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou, finally came to an agreement over the long-running "easy" brand name dispute, which resulted in the airline paying an annual royalty of 0.25% of its total revenue.
Two months later, ex-Audi marketing director Peter Duffy was drafted in to lead the easyJet marketing department
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Paid Search (PPC) Account Manager - London - up to £37K Adam Recruitment £32000 - £37000 per annum, London
- Senior Project Manager - London - £35,000 Adam Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- PR Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, Nottingham
- Senior Research Manager Major Players £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- Models strip in River Island's first TV campaign