EasyJet to build brand with £50m pan-European campaign
EasyJet, the low-cost airline that has traditionally focused on price-led marketing, is launching a £50m pan-European brand campaign to reposition itself as a carrier that connects people.
The campaign, created by VCCP, breaks on 1 October and features a TV ad supported by print and digital activity. It uses the strapline, "Where are you going?", and will run across easyJet’s key European markets – the UK, France, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, and Germany.
The TV ad will feature images uploaded by easyJet staff, which show special moments from their holidays, to easyjet.com. Consumers will be encouraged to upload their own pictures once the TV ad launches.
Previous marketing activity for the brand has been tactical and price-driven, created in-house and often competing directly with no-frills rival Ryanair, alongside recent brand work created by Publicis London.
Past creative has also addressed consumers directly regarding aviation issues, including its opposition to Air Passenger Duty (APD) in the 'Tax planes not people' campaign.
In October 2010, easyJet and its founder, Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou, finally came to an agreement over the long-running "easy" brand name dispute, which resulted in the airline paying an annual royalty of 0.25% of its total revenue.
Two months later, ex-Audi marketing director Peter Duffy was drafted in to lead the easyJet marketing department
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account Director - Leading Retail Fashion Brand!! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - CHARITY CLIENT - INDEPENDENT MEDIA AGENCY! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + car or c/a, West Midlands
- Marketing Controller Ball & Hoolahan £85,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood