Google TV to arrive in UK within six months
Google is to launch Google TV in the UK within the next six months.
The service, which is either built-in to televisions or available in a separate set-top box, will feature catch-up services such as BBC iPlayer and ITV Player, according to reports.
Google's executive chairman Eric Schmidt is expected to reveal more on the plans when he gives the MacTaggart lecture at the Edinburgh Television Festival tonight (26 August).
A Google spokesman confirmed the launch but refused to comment on details of the service.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Packaging Designer Premier Media £25000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Creative Designer Premier Media £32000 - £42000 per annum, City of London
- Research Manager Major Players £36000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Gemini Search £28000.00 - £34000.00 per annum, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- Models strip in River Island's first TV campaign