Tilda rice experiments with product placement around Zee
Tilda, the basmati rice brand, is to be the first advertiser to use digital product placement on south Asian TV network Zee, after the network formed an ongoing global relationship with digital product placement specialist MirriAd.
In the first activity following the deal, MirriAd has used its digital software to add the UK design of packets of Tilda basmati rice into 10 episodes of the Zee TV soap ‘Pavitra Rishta’, including tonight’s episode.
No agencies were involved in the deal, which was negotiated between Zee and Tilda directly.
MirriAd partners with broadcasters to place brands and products into programmes after they have been filmed. It already has a relationship with BSkyB, after delivering its first placements for Pedigree dog food and Karcher on Sky1 and Discovery respectively.
Lena Sagar, senior brand manager of Tilda, said: "Media consumption is changing and advertising has an increasingly difficult job of cutting through in an era of Sky Plus. We believe product placement offers a unique exposure and look forward to more opportunities like this."
As well as using its ZoneSense software to add images into video content, MirriAd is able to scan programming to find shots suitable for placement, allow brands and agencies to approve the placement ahead of broadcast, and measure the value of the exposure.
MirriAd is in discussions with other major broadcasters in the UK and is expected to make further announcements in the coming months.
Kian Kormi, vice-president of commercial operations of MirriAd, said: "Product placement is about to be transformed into a new scalable advertising medium, which delivers the right balance of audience enjoyment and guaranteed brand exposure with empirical measurement, and all proven through extensive research."
Product placement has been allowed in the UK since February. Broadcasters must show the "P" logo at the beginning of every show that contains product placement.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Account Manager - Fantastic London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Great agency benefits , London
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Head of Social - Top London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment 70000, London
- Digital Director - Integrated Entertainment Marketing Agency - London - £50k - £60k - NP205 Stonor £50k - £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager (ALL MEDIA) Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne