Chevrolet rejigs UK marketing unit
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 26 August 2011 01:20PM
General Motors (GM)-owned Chevrolet has rejigged its UK marketing operations ahead of the launch of its compact car, the Aveo in the UK.
The brand has appointed internal executive Rebecca Lawman as its top UK marketer, replacing Les Turton who has moved within GM to a new role.
Chevrolet is one of the biggest car brands in the world and has tried to replicate its domestic US success in the UK and other parts of the globe.
GM set up its UK subsidiary in 2005 and it currently sells around 20,000 cars in the UK every year, according to GM.
Chevrolet recently launched a global brand campaign, called 'Make it Happen', featuring its full range of cars, including small compact cars, SUVs and hatchbacks.
Lawman has been with GM in the UK since the UK subsidiary was set up. Her jobs at Chevrolet have included product manager.
Prior to her time at Chevrolet, she held marketing roles at Reg Vardy and Mercedes-Benz.
In her role as marketing manager, she will be responsible for the ‘Make it Happen’ campaign in the UK, as well as overseeing a small team of eight marketers.
GM will launch its compact Aveo in the coming months.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Account Executive - Events - Hertfordshire Stonor £18,000 - £23,000 dependent on experience , Bedfordshire / Essex / Hertfordshire / Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
- Account Manager Gemini Search £28000 - £34000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Affiliate Manager Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Excellent Bonus , London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Research Executive - Qual Major Players £25000 - £30000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)