BA launches Facebook app for destination discovery
British Airways has launched a Facebook app to engage its staff with consumers and encourage people to "like" each other's holidays.
Through BA's Perfect Days Facebook app, consumers can create an itinerary of things to do, see and experience in a day while on holiday at a BA destination. The itinerary can be categorised into different themes, including shopping, culture, outdoors, and dining and drinking.
BA destinations already featured on the app include New York, London, the Caribbean, Madrid, Mumbai, Rio de Janeiro, Florida, Rome, Berlin and San Francisco.
BA staff and cabin crew will be able to access the itineraries and comment on them with tips and "insider knowledge" on the destinations.
Consumers can "like" each other’s itineraries and leave comments for each other. BA will feature different users’ itineraries, based on the amount of likes they receive.
Richard Bowden, British Airways’ digital marketing innovation manager, said: "Perfect Days allows travellers to find new experiences and be inspired by others who are passionate about a destination, and want to share their insider knowledge and travel tips.
"We look forward to receiving their feedback from this first version of the new app."
The app was created by digital agency Being. Andy Peppiatt, managing director at Being, said: "With the Facebook platform the trick is to tap in to existing user behaviour. The Perfect Day app enables British Airways to add value and facilitate conversations that are happening between travellers."
Last week, BA announced it was issuing Apple’s iPads to cabin crew, which it hopes will help staff to offer consumers a "bespoke" service.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Project Managers and Campaign Project Managers £25,000- £70,0000 Nakama Between £25,000 and £70,000 depending on role, London
- Marketing Manager - South West Stopgap £39000 - £47000 per annum, South West England
- Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager / Account Director Gemini Search £170 - £250 per day, City of London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity