Domino's launches pizza-ordering iPad app
Domino's Pizza is continuing its mobile drive with the launch of a free pizza-ordering iPad app.
The app, created by Somo, locates the Domino's branch nearest to the user after they enter their postcode. They can then scroll through the menu, choosing pizzas, sides, desserts and drinks, and can also customise each pizza by adding different toppings to different pizza bases.
Users can place their orders and pay using the app.
Simon Wallis, sales and marketing director for Domino’s Pizza, said: "Sales of iPads are currently growing faster than iPhone and, with the introduction of our new ordering app, we are keen to capitalise on this opportunity. We have achieved fantastic sales to date through mobile channels"
Domino’s Pizza already has iPhone and Android apps for ordering. It claims to have made £10m in pizza sales via the iPhone.
Earlier this month, the fast-food brand signed a deal with Channel 5 to sell a Big Brother-themed pizza and offer an" eviction night" deal.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency