Domino's launches pizza-ordering iPad app
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 30 August 2011 01:29PM
Domino's Pizza is continuing its mobile drive with the launch of a free pizza-ordering iPad app.
The app, created by Somo, locates the Domino's branch nearest to the user after they enter their postcode. They can then scroll through the menu, choosing pizzas, sides, desserts and drinks, and can also customise each pizza by adding different toppings to different pizza bases.
Users can place their orders and pay using the app.
Simon Wallis, sales and marketing director for Domino’s Pizza, said: "Sales of iPads are currently growing faster than iPhone and, with the introduction of our new ordering app, we are keen to capitalise on this opportunity. We have achieved fantastic sales to date through mobile channels"
Domino’s Pizza already has iPhone and Android apps for ordering. It claims to have made £10m in pizza sales via the iPhone.
Earlier this month, the fast-food brand signed a deal with Channel 5 to sell a Big Brother-themed pizza and offer an" eviction night" deal.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Strategy Director, 70k-90k + bens Direct Recruitment £70k-90k + bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager / Junior Account Director createselect £35-43K pa, depending on experience., London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £25000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Junior Copywriter - Presentation/Decks Digital Gurus £22000 - £30000 Per Annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £34000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy