Domino's launches pizza-ordering iPad app
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 30 August 2011 01:29PM
Domino's Pizza is continuing its mobile drive with the launch of a free pizza-ordering iPad app.
The app, created by Somo, locates the Domino's branch nearest to the user after they enter their postcode. They can then scroll through the menu, choosing pizzas, sides, desserts and drinks, and can also customise each pizza by adding different toppings to different pizza bases.
Users can place their orders and pay using the app.
Simon Wallis, sales and marketing director for Domino’s Pizza, said: "Sales of iPads are currently growing faster than iPhone and, with the introduction of our new ordering app, we are keen to capitalise on this opportunity. We have achieved fantastic sales to date through mobile channels"
Domino’s Pizza already has iPhone and Android apps for ordering. It claims to have made £10m in pizza sales via the iPhone.
Earlier this month, the fast-food brand signed a deal with Channel 5 to sell a Big Brother-themed pizza and offer an" eviction night" deal.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Retail Marketing Manager Hill's Pet Nutrition c/o SmithCarey Ltd Competitive salary + Bonus + Car + Benefits, South East England
- Senior Account Executive | Ã‚£25,000 | Automotive Dynamic New Alliances Ã‚£22000.00 - Ã‚£25000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits , City of London
- Junior Digital Designer Gemini Search Ã‚£20000.00 - Ã‚£25000 per annum, London
- Middle-Weight Digital Designer Gemini Search Ã‚£30000.00 - Ã‚£40000 per annum, London
- Social & Content Account Manager - Travel - London Major Players Ã‚£27000 - Ã‚£33000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign
- In pictures: Campaign Media Awards 2014
- King backs new Candy Crush game with global ad push
- Campaign Viral Chart: Sainsbury's Christmas ad tops the table
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton