Domino's launches pizza-ordering iPad app
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 30 August 2011 01:29PM
Domino's Pizza is continuing its mobile drive with the launch of a free pizza-ordering iPad app.
The app, created by Somo, locates the Domino's branch nearest to the user after they enter their postcode. They can then scroll through the menu, choosing pizzas, sides, desserts and drinks, and can also customise each pizza by adding different toppings to different pizza bases.
Users can place their orders and pay using the app.
Simon Wallis, sales and marketing director for Domino’s Pizza, said: "Sales of iPads are currently growing faster than iPhone and, with the introduction of our new ordering app, we are keen to capitalise on this opportunity. We have achieved fantastic sales to date through mobile channels"
Domino’s Pizza already has iPhone and Android apps for ordering. It claims to have made £10m in pizza sales via the iPhone.
Earlier this month, the fast-food brand signed a deal with Channel 5 to sell a Big Brother-themed pizza and offer an" eviction night" deal.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Account Executive Twist Recruitment £18000.00 - £22000.00 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Blue Tree Recruits £30,000 - £35,000, Guildford, Surrey
- Account Director Blue Tree Recruits £40,000 - £50,000, Central London
- Junior Artworker Blue Tree Recruits £18,000 plus benefits , Theale, Reading
- Brand and Advertising Manager - Global Technology Innovator Ninesharp £52000 - £58000 per annum + Bonus, Benefits, Berkshire
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts