Domino's launches pizza-ordering iPad app
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 30 August 2011 01:29PM
Domino's Pizza is continuing its mobile drive with the launch of a free pizza-ordering iPad app.
The app, created by Somo, locates the Domino's branch nearest to the user after they enter their postcode. They can then scroll through the menu, choosing pizzas, sides, desserts and drinks, and can also customise each pizza by adding different toppings to different pizza bases.
Users can place their orders and pay using the app.
Simon Wallis, sales and marketing director for Domino’s Pizza, said: "Sales of iPads are currently growing faster than iPhone and, with the introduction of our new ordering app, we are keen to capitalise on this opportunity. We have achieved fantastic sales to date through mobile channels"
Domino’s Pizza already has iPhone and Android apps for ordering. It claims to have made £10m in pizza sales via the iPhone.
Earlier this month, the fast-food brand signed a deal with Channel 5 to sell a Big Brother-themed pizza and offer an" eviction night" deal.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Events and Marketing Manager - Retail / Shopper / Promotional Marketing Agency Stonor £40-£60K DOE, London (West), London (Greater)
- Creative Artworker Beyond The Book £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, Northampton
- Content Partnerships Strategist (Video) - £45K - London Salt £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Coco de Mer launches X-rated ad with Rankin and TBWA
- Fallon introduces stuffed duck to launch Cadbury Puddles
- Betfair to call £15m European media review
- Dave Bedwood to leave M&C Saatchi
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Wonga rebrands as 'transparent and responsible' lender after hiring Fold7