Reckitt Benckiser ploughs £4.5m into Strepsils activity
Reckitt Benckiser (RB) is kick-starting a £4.5m marketing campaign to support the launch of Strepsils sore throat and cough lozenges.
The campaign, created by EuroRSCG, will feature a TV ad supported by radio, digital, outdoor, PR and point-of-sale activity.
The new product contains two antiseptics and a mild local anaesthetic, Levomenthol, which RB claims relieves dry tickly coughs.
The existing Strepsils portfolio includes Strepsils original, Strepsils, orange and vitamin C, Strepsils sugar free and Strepsils honey and lemon.
Refik Oner, category marketing director, Health and Personal Care, RB UK, said: "With 10 Strepsils lozenges sold every second in the chemist channel we saw an opportunity to develop this trusted brand and the category further by combining efficacious multi-symptom relief in a portable lozenge format.
"We are really excited about the new Strepsils Sore Throat and Cough product which we are confident will be highly incremental for the category as it provides consumers with a unique way to manage unpleasant symptoms during the coming winter months".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Creative Strategist- £65k - Well known FMCG Brands Gemini Search £65000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, West Midlands
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Email Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show