Reckitt Benckiser ploughs £4.5m into Strepsils activity
Reckitt Benckiser (RB) is kick-starting a £4.5m marketing campaign to support the launch of Strepsils sore throat and cough lozenges.
The campaign, created by EuroRSCG, will feature a TV ad supported by radio, digital, outdoor, PR and point-of-sale activity.
The new product contains two antiseptics and a mild local anaesthetic, Levomenthol, which RB claims relieves dry tickly coughs.
The existing Strepsils portfolio includes Strepsils original, Strepsils, orange and vitamin C, Strepsils sugar free and Strepsils honey and lemon.
Refik Oner, category marketing director, Health and Personal Care, RB UK, said: "With 10 Strepsils lozenges sold every second in the chemist channel we saw an opportunity to develop this trusted brand and the category further by combining efficacious multi-symptom relief in a portable lozenge format.
"We are really excited about the new Strepsils Sore Throat and Cough product which we are confident will be highly incremental for the category as it provides consumers with a unique way to manage unpleasant symptoms during the coming winter months".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films