Cheethambell JWT wins £5 million Bhs account
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 September 2011 10:11AM
Bhs, the department store owned by Sir Philip Green's Arcadia Group, has appointed Cheethambell JWT to handle its £5 million advertising account.
The Manchester-based agency picked up the business after a final head-to-head pitch against Now.
M&C Saatchi and Libertine are also understood to have held conversations with the retailer.
Bhs has moved swiftly to appoint the agency ahead of the busy autumn and Christmas shopping season. It called the pitch at the end of June.
Agency sources suggest that Green was closely involved with the pitch process, following the departure of Arcadia’s marketing director, Alison Jones, to join Marks & Spencer in June.
In recent years, Bhs has worked with agencies on a project basis to help it create its brand campaigns. These included Grey London, which was appointed in 2009 to work on a seasonal campaign, and Whippet, which oversaw a brand campaign as well as the launch of the Bhs discount and credit cards.
Carat, which is the incumbent on the media account, is unaffected by the appointment of Cheethambell JWT.
The agency picked up the account last year after the previous incumbent, MPG Media Contacts, had resigned the business.
Bhs has rebranded several times in recent years at it looks to boost sales and outperform rivals such as Marks & Spencer and Debenhams.
Last year, it revamped its logo and changed its website.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Group Marketing Manager - Leading Media Business ADLIB £30000 - £40000 per annum, Bath
- new business manager > INDEPENDENT YOUTH/EXPERIENTIAL/INTEGRATED AGENCY collectivo £20-25k + commission, Central London
- Corporate Designer Gemini Search £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, Manchester
- Senior Sales Manager - TRAVEL - Programmatic Ultimate Asset £42000 - £50000 per annum + bonus and benefits , City of London
- Commercial Head of Video - Global Brand Ultimate Asset £70000 - £80000 per annum + excellent benefits & amazing commission, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham