Airmiles relaunches loyalty scheme as Avios
Airmiles, the UK travel loyalty programme, is to be renamed Avios and relaunched, following the merger of British Airways and Spanish airline Iberia to create International Airlines Group (IAG).
According to a spokesman for the loyalty programme the name was chosen because it is "simple to pronounce and evokes travel and flights in many languages".
Avios will also be a shared currency for the UK programme, the British Airways Executive Club and Iberia Plus loyalty programmes, allowing IAG consumers access to all three schemes.
Current Airmiles consumers will be able to collect Avios points on British Airways and Iberia flights, gain new flexible rewards and use Avios points for flight cabin upgrades.
The rebrand will come into effect on 16 November, at which point all current Airmiles will automatically be converted into Avios points. Consumers will still be able to collect their points through Tesco, Lloyds TSB and Shell, in addition to more than 200 other brands.
However, consumers will now be required to pay taxes, fees and charges on flights bought with Avios points.
The brand said that "regular collectors" will be offered a Reward Flight Saver incentive for BA and Iberia flights across Europe, which will limit charges to £27.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- DIGITAL DESIGNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Spectrum 360 Recruitment £33k - £42k, London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad