JLS on the run in latest O2 Priority Tickets campaign
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 02 September 2011 09:14AM
Boy band JLS are the latest act to get O2's 'The Walk' treatment in a 60-second 3D ad that will break in cinemas tonight and during 'The X Factor' on TV tomorrow.
The campaign promotes the band's forthcoming spring tour and the ability O2 customers have to get priority tickets to the shows.
It includes radio promotions with Global Radio and Bauer stations that include song tagging and scripts voiced by JLS.
Digital activity will include homepage takeovers of YouTube and MSN, as well as a Twitter chase that will take place in tour cities between 2 and 5 September.
Clues sent via Twitter will help fans to track down prizes, with one lucky fan in each city winning a meet-and-greet opportunity with the band.
Sally Cowdry, marketing and consumer director at O2, said: "This latest O2 campaign continues our tradition of finding new and innovative ways of working with top artists, to highlight the benefits of Priority Tickets to our customers. It also shows the breadth of music that our Priority Tickets provide access to."
The campaign was developed by VCCP, Drum and pd3, with media buying by ZenithOptimedia and below-the-line communications by AIS.
The film was conceived by VCCP and directed by Jesse Peretz for production company RSA. The creative director was Darren Bailes and the art directors were Kieran Knight and Veryan Prigg.
Acts shown in previous 'The Walk' ads include Gorillaz, Foo Fighters and Jon Bon Jovi.
O2 customers can get tickets 48 hours before general release from 9am on Wednesday 7 September, by texting JLS to 2020 or visiting o2priority.co.uk/JLS.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
- Dealer consultant / regional marketing manager - automotive David Thatcher Recruitment c£35k + car, South Buckinghamshire
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show