UKTV's Gold in Clintons promotion
Gold, the UKTV comedy channel, is launching a four-week campaign with gift and card retailer Clintons to promote the British comedy offerings available on the pay-TV channel.
From Monday, Clintons will be giving away 10,000 comedy-themed mugs to customers when they spend more than £15 in store, in activity devised by UKTV’s promotional agency Mediator.
There will be four versions of the mugs and they will tie in with Gold's summer brand campaign, made by Red Bee Media, running on UKTV channels and featuring comedians such as John Cleese, Miranda Hart and Mat Horne.
The comedy mugs will be distributed in 130 of Clintons' biggest stores and a joint competition giving away £500 gift vouchers will be promoted in all of Clintons’ 650 shops across the country.
People wanting to enter the competition will have to visit the Gold Facebook page and vote for their favourite video from a selection of comedy clips, to be entered into a prize draw to win £500 in leisure vouchers, redeemable at attractions such as London Zoo.
Sarah Yeoman, assistant marketing manager at Gold, said: "We’re delighted to be able to reach out to Clintons customers in a unique way to promote content on the channel and encourage this target audience to tune into the best of British comedy on Gold."
The competition and the mug giveaway will promoted in Clintons stores through point-of-sale and window posters, and will be supported by Clintons' and Gold's social media channels.
Nikki Buckley, senior account manager at Mediator, said: "The partnership enables us to take the Gold channel to a mass but highly targeted audience. Like Gold the Clintons brand also has a strong emotional connection with its customers.
"The campaign provides Clintons' customers with a comical but practical item, which will live on in the home post-campaign, as well as the chance to win a great prize."
UKTV rebranded UKTV Gold to Gold, which originally stood for "Go On Laugh Daily", in October 2008, as part of the overhaul of its 10 channels following the success of Dave.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London
- Brand Partnerships Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + excellent commission & benefits, London
- Agency Sales Manager - SPORT Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + competitive commission, London
- Artworker - Mid-Weight Major Players £26000 - £28000 per annum, North London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity