Bupa rolls out 'adaptable' insurance campaign
By Oliver Luft, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 05 September 2011 08:45AM
Bupa is launching a campaign today for its 'By You' health insurance plan, placing real people at the heart of the ads.
The multi-million-pound 'Bupa By You' push includes a TV ad to promote the adaptable and affordable nature of the insurance, which doesn't make assumptions about its customers' health insurance needs.
The ads focus on real people in real situations taking part in unexpected activities. An older lady who at first appears to be ironing is in fact waxing a surf board and a young man is filmed lifting a child above his head, when at first he seemed to be lifting weights in the gym.
The TV ad will be supported by direct marketing and digital advertising, all created by OgilvyOne. Media planning and buying has been undertaken by Carat.
Sue Moore, marketing and customer development director Bupa Health & Wellbeing, said: "'Bupa By You' is proof that health insurance doesn’t need to be one-size-fits-all.
"We have put the customer at the heart of the decision making process and the adaptable nature of the product reflects how we have listened to their needs."
Bupa shortlisted four agencies to vie for its £10m media planning and buying business, including Publicis Groupe incumbent Starcom.
Other agencies battling for the Bupa account are WPP agencies MEC and Mindshare and Omnicom's PHD. Joint incumbent Carat Manchester, formerly called MediaVest Manchester, is not believed to be involved.
Bupa appointed OgilvyOne to handle its digital, direct marketing, experimental, print and press activity last year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Social Engagement Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London Central
- Media Planning Account Manager Lipton Fleming £30000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Executive - truly exciting multi-solution sell Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, West End
- Agency Group Head - exciting real-time social platform! Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, West End
- HEAD OF PROJECTS - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy