Bupa rolls out 'adaptable' insurance campaign
By Oliver Luft, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 05 September 2011 08:45AM
Bupa is launching a campaign today for its 'By You' health insurance plan, placing real people at the heart of the ads.
The multi-million-pound 'Bupa By You' push includes a TV ad to promote the adaptable and affordable nature of the insurance, which doesn't make assumptions about its customers' health insurance needs.
The ads focus on real people in real situations taking part in unexpected activities. An older lady who at first appears to be ironing is in fact waxing a surf board and a young man is filmed lifting a child above his head, when at first he seemed to be lifting weights in the gym.
The TV ad will be supported by direct marketing and digital advertising, all created by OgilvyOne. Media planning and buying has been undertaken by Carat.
Sue Moore, marketing and customer development director Bupa Health & Wellbeing, said: "'Bupa By You' is proof that health insurance doesn’t need to be one-size-fits-all.
"We have put the customer at the heart of the decision making process and the adaptable nature of the product reflects how we have listened to their needs."
Bupa shortlisted four agencies to vie for its £10m media planning and buying business, including Publicis Groupe incumbent Starcom.
Other agencies battling for the Bupa account are WPP agencies MEC and Mindshare and Omnicom's PHD. Joint incumbent Carat Manchester, formerly called MediaVest Manchester, is not believed to be involved.
Bupa appointed OgilvyOne to handle its digital, direct marketing, experimental, print and press activity last year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Research manager | Youth insight, sports clients Elizabeth Norman International £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Creative Director Pitch Consultants £50000 - £70000 per annum, Birmingham
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant