Red or Black? kicks off with 7.8 million viewers
'Red or Black?', the new game show from ITV Studios and Simon Cowell's Syco TV, launched with a peak audience of 7.8 million on Saturday, in a night dominated by the broadcaster and the media mogul.
‘Red or Black?’ is the first co-production by ITV’s content arm and Cowell’s production company Syco TV. The show offers 1,000 contestants the chance to compete for the opportunity to win £1m.
According to unofficial overnight figures, between 7pm and 8.15pm the first instalment of ‘Red or Black?’ had an average audience of 6.41 million on ITV1 and ITV1 HD, a 29.9% share. An additional 493,400 watched the show on ITV1+1.
The audience for the episode peaked at 7.8 million viewers across ITV1 and ITV1 HD, or 8.1 million including ITV1+1 figures.
It beat BBC One's popular 'Doctor Who’ starring Matt Smith as the eponymous doctor, which had an average audience of 5.54 million and a 25.9% share of the TV viewing.
The second instalment of ‘Red of Black?’ featured brickie Nathan Hageman becoming the first contestant to win £1m and was watched by a peak audience of 7.3 million and 7.6 million including ITV1+1.
Across the half-hour episode between 9.15pm and 9.45pm an average of 6.99 million viewers watched ‘Red of Black?’ on ITV1 and ITV1 HD, a 30.1% share. An additional 235,100 watched the second show on ITV1+1.
In between the ‘Red or Black?’ episodes of Syco TV’s ‘The X Factor’ had a peak audience of 11.9 million across ITV1 and ITV1 HD, or 12.5 million, a 49% share of viewing, including ITV1+1.
The hour-long ‘X Factor’ had an average audience of 10.52 million on ITV1 and ITV1 HD, a 43.4% share. An additional 559,600 watched the show on ITV1+1.
The real-time audiences fell just short of last year’s figures of a peak of 12.5 million and an average 10.6 million for the third show in 2010.
The first outing of ‘The Jonathan Ross Show’ on ITV1 beat its average audience of 3.1 million for its last series on BBC One. On Saturday night the show peaked with 4.3 million viewers across ITV1 and ITV1 HD and had an average audience of 3.93 million between 9.45 and 10.45pm, a 19% share.
Including ITV+1 figures, it had a peak audience of 4.6 million viewers, a 21% share and an average audience of 4.3 million viewers.
On Channel 5 the audience of ‘Celebrity Big Brother’ dipped to 1.55 million, a 7.6% share of the audience between 9.45pm and 10.45pm.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014