Twitter bolsters UK team with five sales and marketing recruits
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 06 September 2011 09:05AM
Twitter is stepping up its push into the UK with the appointment of a sales and marketing team for its London office.
The team has five new recruits who will report to Tony Wang, general manger of Twitter UK, who relocated from San Francisco in May to set up the London office.
Those joining Twitter in the coming weeks, in as yet unconfirmed roles, are: Adrian King, advertising sales manager at Yahoo; Laurence Georgiou, multinational account manager at Microsoft; Chris Gilbody, account director at Collective; Ruby Sharma, senior sales executive at ContextWeb, and Martyn Baker, senior sales manager at Microsoft.
This takes the headcount at Twitter UK to seven, including Rachel Bremer who recently joined as European communications director.
The company has yet to appoint a commercial director.
Wang and Adam Bain, president of global revenue at Twitter, have been meeting media agencies over the past few months to attract marketing spend to Twitter's soon-to-launch UK-targeted ads.
The team is currently in a temporary office in London, but is looking for a permanent base. It is unknown whether it will settle near the Silicon Roundabout in East London, or opt for a more central London location, as both Google and Facebook have in recent weeks.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Daisley quits Google for Twitter sales role
- Twitter marketer Pam Kramer departs
- Twitter ready to step up courtship of advertisers
- Yahoo secures Nokia for Myleene Klass baby show
- Twitter sues Twittad over use of 'tweet'
- Twitter claims 100 million active users worldwide
- David Cameron places spotlight on Twitter
- Twitter receives 'significant' investment to accelerate overseas expansion
- Twitter turns attention to consumer marketing
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Brand Manager - 12 month contract Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum + plus benefits, Newmarket
- Senior Category Activation Manager Brand Recruitment £60000 per annum + per annum + car allowance + benefits etc, Bedford
- Senior Account Manager - West London Agency - to £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £39k + great benefits, West London
- Social Media Campaign Manager - £35,000 - £40,000 Premier Media Up to £40,000 including benefits (bonus scheme, pension, health care etc), Manchester City Centre
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Heinz brings back invisible bottle of tomato ketchup
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
- Polycell gets cheeky in crack-filler campaign
Projecting ROI for SEO is Mission Impossible
And I’m certainly no Tom Cruise. Before I explain this issue it’s important to understand that a website is like the human body. Your health is not only based on your current routines (eating, exercise, etc.) but lifestyle choices you’ve made previously. If you stop smoking today you’ll still have a higher chance of getting heart disease for many years to come.