Red or Black? gains a million viewers
'Red or Black?', ITV's high-profile new gameshow, hit a peak audience of 7.2 million viewers last night, recovering more than a million viewers from Sunday night.
According to unofficial overnight figures, last night’s first episode of ‘Red or Black?’ had an average audience of 5.02 million on ITV1 and ITV1 HD between 8pm and 9pm, a 20.9% share of the TV-viewing audience.
An additional 121,100 watched the show on ITV1+1.
The peak audience for last night’s first show was 7.2 million across ITV1 and ITV1 HD, an increase from a peak of six million on Sunday evening, but still below the peak of 7.8 million for its first appearance on Saturday.
In last night's post-'Coronation Street' results episode of ‘Red or Black?’, Ian Murphy became the first contestant to fail to win the £1m. The programme had an average audience of 5.05 million between 9.30pm and 10pm, a 20.2% share, on ITV1 and ITV1 HD.
An additional 211,600 watched the half-hour show on ITV1+1.
However, the peak audience of the second show dipped to 5.3 million across ITV1 and ITV1 HD last night, down from a peak of 5.8 million on Sunday and 7.3 million on Saturday.
The average for the first show last night was an increase from the average 4.6 million viewers who watched the first programme on Sunday, but the second show was down from an average audience of 5.3 million for the second show on Sunday.
The first instalment of ‘Red or Black?’ was beaten by ‘EastEnders’ on BBC One, which had an average audience of 7.61 million on BBC One and BBC One HD between 8pm and 8.30pm, a 31.7% share.
‘New Tricks’, the long-running BBC cop drama, beat the second offering of ‘Red or Black?’, with an average audience of 7.59 million viewers between 9pm and 10pm, a 29.7% share.
‘Red or Black’ has been reported as being the most expensive game show ever produced and it is the first co-production from ITV’s content arm ITV Studios and Simon Cowell’s Syco TV.
Channel 5’s ‘Celebrity Big Brother’ had an average audience of 2.26 million, a 12.2% share of the audience between 10pm and 11pm, which was down slightly from Sunday night’s 2.5 million, but ahead of Saturday night’s audience of 1.55 million.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Sales and Marketing Manager England Hockey £34k - £40k, Buckinghamshire
- Senior Art Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Sales Manager - Cutting Edge Tech Solution Ultimate Asset Ã‚£48000 - Ã‚£55000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, City of London
- Content Sales Account Manager - Native Advertising Ultimate Asset Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£42000 per annum + commission and benefits , City of London
- Sales Executive-Video/Social/Branded Content Ultimate Asset Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum + commission and benefits , City of London
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake