Adfonic raises £4.7m to expand overseas
By Sarah Shearman, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 07 September 2011 12:00PM
Adfonic, the European mobile advertising marketplace, has raised £4.7m in funding to pursue business growth overseas.
The investment round was led by Adfonic's existing investors and will help the company grow its presence in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific.
The company, which launched in 2009, intends to grow its team from 40 to 100 next year.
Over the past 12 months it claims to have grown its revenues tenfold, increased its network of publisher sites and apps to more than 8,000 and driven monthly ad requests across the network to more than 15 billion.
Adfonic has run campaigns for brands including Peugeot, Yell, Tesco, Skype, Groupon and Google, and claims to reach 100 million unique mobile users.
Victor Malachard, chief executive of Adfonic, said: "This market is growing at a terrific pace and I’m delighted with the progress we’ve made over the last two years.
"We have a clear strategy for growth underpinned by further international expansion, recruitment across core functions and enhancements to our leading-edge platform."
Adfonic is looking to capitalise on the global growth in mobile traffic. Worldwide mobile ad revenue is forecast to more than double in 2011, reaching $3.3bn, according to Gartner.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Manager - London - up to £45K+attractive benefits Salt £40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- The role of private equity in adland
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Aga targets city homes with cooker campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show