Ikea hires former Thorntons marketing director Wright
Ikea has appointed former Thorntons group marketing director Peter Wright as a replacement for Anna Crona, who was the retailer's UK and Ireland marketing director for 25 years.
Wright is being given the title marketing manager, but will have the same responsibilities as Crona.
He will be responsible for all marketing for UK and Ireland, including advertising and digital communications and a CRM programme that includes a loyalty program of three million members.
He will also be tasked with managing 19 store-based marketing managers, handling marketing intelligence and overseeing PR and internal communications, including social media.
Wright, who joined this week, will also be a member of the management team of six senior managers developing the direction for the organisation in the UK and Ireland.
Wright left Thorntons in the summer after a restructure at the retailer.
Previously, he spent eight years with Tesco, initially as brand marketing director and most recently as marketing director, Tesco Ireland.
Before that, he worked for 11 years at Diageo with several global brands including Smirnoff, Gordon’s Gin and Malibu.
Crona left Ikea in July, after a 25-year stint with the company.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Head of PR Brand Recruitment £95000 per annum + excellent remuneration + benefits, Leicester
- Events Coordinator - Online Today! RNIB £20,184 pro-rata including London Weighting, WC1H 9NE, London (Greater)
- Data Project Manager Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central)
- Research Client Director - Brand & Comms Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £66000 per annum + other benefits , London
- Graphic Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £15000 - £18000 per annum, Blackburn