Ikea hires former Thorntons marketing director Wright
Ikea has appointed former Thorntons group marketing director Peter Wright as a replacement for Anna Crona, who was the retailer's UK and Ireland marketing director for 25 years.
Wright is being given the title marketing manager, but will have the same responsibilities as Crona.
He will be responsible for all marketing for UK and Ireland, including advertising and digital communications and a CRM programme that includes a loyalty program of three million members.
He will also be tasked with managing 19 store-based marketing managers, handling marketing intelligence and overseeing PR and internal communications, including social media.
Wright, who joined this week, will also be a member of the management team of six senior managers developing the direction for the organisation in the UK and Ireland.
Wright left Thorntons in the summer after a restructure at the retailer.
Previously, he spent eight years with Tesco, initially as brand marketing director and most recently as marketing director, Tesco Ireland.
Before that, he worked for 11 years at Diageo with several global brands including Smirnoff, Gordon’s Gin and Malibu.
Crona left Ikea in July, after a 25-year stint with the company.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager Â– ForrestBrown R&D Tax Consultancy ADLIB to £25k base OTE £35k 1st year, Bristol
- Insight Manager FMCG Connect £30,000 - £40,000 plus benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media