Ikea hires former Thorntons marketing director Wright
Ikea has appointed former Thorntons group marketing director Peter Wright as a replacement for Anna Crona, who was the retailer's UK and Ireland marketing director for 25 years.
Wright is being given the title marketing manager, but will have the same responsibilities as Crona.
He will be responsible for all marketing for UK and Ireland, including advertising and digital communications and a CRM programme that includes a loyalty program of three million members.
He will also be tasked with managing 19 store-based marketing managers, handling marketing intelligence and overseeing PR and internal communications, including social media.
Wright, who joined this week, will also be a member of the management team of six senior managers developing the direction for the organisation in the UK and Ireland.
Wright left Thorntons in the summer after a restructure at the retailer.
Previously, he spent eight years with Tesco, initially as brand marketing director and most recently as marketing director, Tesco Ireland.
Before that, he worked for 11 years at Diageo with several global brands including Smirnoff, Gordon’s Gin and Malibu.
Crona left Ikea in July, after a 25-year stint with the company.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager - B2B and B2C integrated and digital comms JEFFERSON £30,000 - 40,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CREATIVE MANAGER 35-45k London Creative Recruitment Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Account Manager - Mobile Loyalty Digital Gurus £25000 - £37000 Per Annum, London
- UI Designer - Unrestricted Creative, Prototyping and Innovation ADLIB Upto £25k DOE, Bristol
- Senior Account Manager / Account Director - Luxury Property Gemini Search Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum, City of London
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake