Appointment to view: the Rugby World Cup ad scrum
As the Rugby World Cup gets underway this morning with New Zealand taking on Tonga, here's a round-up of ads from brands looking to convert the occasion into sales.
Guinness has created another of its epic ads, pulling out all the stops to promote the brand. A teaser of the ad was available on YouTube and published to its online presences yesterday (8 September) before it hit television.
O2 has enlisted the help of the England team to promote a rugby-related offer for customers who fancy a free breakfast to help them 'get up for England', with an ad created by VCCP.
Range Rover highlights its sponsorship but steers clear of the rugby theme.
Finally Heineken attempts to engender a feeling of brotherhood and camraderie across the world in its ad ringing in the tournament.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Comms Account Manager - BEAUTY FMCG Ultimate Asset £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- SENIOR UI DESIGNER - £60-80K - LONDON Salt £60000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs